We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to the Castle Arms Hotel yesterday for my Mam and Dad's 40th Wedding Anniversary celebrations and one word to describe it all is WOW! I booked it all with Catriona and I had a couple of special requests and they not only were met they were exceeded. Joseph looked after us so well throughout the luncheon and the two waitresses (Ruth was one of the girls names, I forget the other girls name - sorry!) were excellent. We had 10 small very lively kids there and the girls were just lovely to them.

Joseph gave Mam and Dad an upgraded room with a four poster bed, and he placed handmade Irish chocolates and a card from the Hotel in the room and petals on the bed - very lovely touches! Mam and Dad said the bed was the most comfy they have ever stayed in.

We can’t thank you guys enough for looking after us! Highly recommend the Castle Arms Hotel.

Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheyAreAllGone

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A nice one night stay here for a wedding in the nearby Castle Durrow.

Check-in was quick and painless. Then a kind member of staff showed us to our room and carried up my bag. What a gent.

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom could do with a bit of modernising to be honest, but other than that it was fine.

Breakfast was a bit of a let down. There was only one person working the whole floor and she was completely run off her feet. I started to get a bit narked when a group of three people who came in and ordered their food 30 minutes AFTER us and got their food pretty much immediately. Not good when you have a hangover and needed a greasy fry up to make things better. It arrived eventually and filled a gap, it was nothing special. But fry ups that are not your own rarely impress, to be honest.

Apart from the breakfast, it was a grand stay. And I would recommend it if you are looking for somewhere to stay in the village

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristin L
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were going to a wedding in the area and booked 3 night's bed and breakfast with an evening meal on our last night. The ensuite room was comfortable and spacious. Breakfast in the morning was great and kept us going well into the afternoon. Dinner was very tasty. The craic in bar was god fn nd Joseph and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wmd1
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was a Lovely surprise staying here. I found the accommodation very warm during our stay even though it was very cold outside. The staff were very understanding., warm and friendly. The family room was very suitable for our needs. It was Great value .

Room Tip: Family room ideal
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mary s
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is really a large bar with rooms overhead. It is at a very noisy intersection and when we were there the bar was full of a wedding party who caroused noisily until the early hours. I couldn't recommend it

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay there, check in early and get a room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wilkinsDublinIreland
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A warm welcome from friendly staff together with good qualityfood makes this hotel rather special! A lovely family run hotel in the picturesque village of Durrow- well worth a visit. Do go and sample Irish hospitality at it's very best.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Audrey C
Reviewed October 22, 2012

When I arrived into my bedroom I could already hear the trucks on the road outside and the noise from the bar. It was only 6.30pm and it turned out there were only 4/5 people down in the bar. The sound travelled up and my room was on the 2nd floor! There were no other rooms available & I asked the receptionist to get me ear plugs. She did try her best. Luckily there were only 4/5 in the bar at 23h00 & no music, however the noise was still there. The trucks kept me awake all night. The people in the room next door came in at 4am and were not particularily loud, but I could hear every single word said for 1.5hrs. I really had very little sleep & woke up exhausted. I was going to a wedding the next day & was really tired. The manager discounted me 20 euors. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone, if you want to sleep!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, PLEASE ENSURE you ask for a QUIET room at the back of the hotel and not ov...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank alex k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#4 of 19 in Kilkenny
Kilkenny River Court Hotel
0 mi away
The Ashbrook Arms Restaurant and Guesthouse

Been to Castle Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!