“Fabulous deserts”

The Copper Kettle
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Durrow
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed 1 night at the B&B and also had afternoon pastries and coffee. The apple crisp is to die for and the toffee pie was outstanding. Didn't find pastries anywhere in Ireland as good! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very reasonable. Must come back just for the pastries!!! Accomodations very nice, clean and updated.

2  Thank Tandyjo_2000

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I loved the ham! was gorgeous. my chips wernt the nicest chips in the world but everythign else was gorgeous!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you're reading this, there's a good chance you have been invited to a wedding in Castle Durrow. The Copper Kettle is a nice, good quality B&B located at the gates of the castle. The rates are reasonable and the breakfast is good. I'd recommend here as a cheaper alternative to the castle.

3  Thank Brooch
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I visited the Copper Kettle on my way home from Cork as it looked very warm and inviting and both my husband and I were looking for somewhere nice to have a meal. It was quite busy so understandably we had to wait some time before somebody came to take our orders. There was another long wait before our meals arrived and the food was just average. The prawns which I ordered were a little overcooked and a bit on the cold side but I was looking forward to sampling the selection of lovely desserts, including Christmas cakes and puddings, which were displayed on the dresser. However I soon expelled the thought when a group of children who were sitting in the middle of the restaurant decided to go over and start poking at them. Their parents didn’t seem to mind as it kept the children amused and they didn’t even mind when one of the younger children stood on top of the table. The restaurant was quite cold and when it came for the party in question to leave they kept the door open for so long that I was sure I would get frostbite. At this stage, we didn’t wait for tea of coffee and just paid our bill and left. I had thought about giving this restaurant another try during the Summertime but the desserts on the dresser without a cover over them keeps coming to mind and I don’t think I could take the risk.

2  Thank Erins-Isle22