“Great experience”
Review of Atlantsflug

Atlantsflug
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantsflug focuses on having fun while doing what we love. Flying over glaciers and volcanos keeps us going and that is why we base ourselves in Southern Iceland over the summer. We prefer the majestic surroundings of mountains rather then sitting inside the office. You are more than welcome on board.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I rented their Cessna 207 to do aerial photography. I was very pleased. The plane has three windows that can be opened, two of them on the back and opposite of each other. That worked very well for me. The pilots were knowledgeable and very friendly. The weather was challenging but they were flexible and I got what I wanted. A happy customer.

1  Thank Daniel B

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Called the comapny and planned trip 3 days in a row, but all days he did not come to Skaftafell as agreed. We spent 2 extra night in the city and did not go on the tour. The guy was an idiot to tell the truth!!!

1  Thank ivandk2014
Herbert M, Front Office Manager at Atlantsflug, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response.
I take full responsibility of this incident, the person you talked to was not aware of the bad weather that was during your stay. He has taken full responsibility as well.
The weather forecast in Iceland CAN be very unreliable so we often have to make quick choices. I would like you to contact us next time whenever you are back in Iceland, we would like to make this up to you.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were in Iceland in the beginning of April 2014. We decided to end our vacation with a combined trip to the Westman Islands, and a sight seeing flight above Iceland.
When we booked the flight the weather wasn't good, so the staff flew us to the island, where we walked across the island. Because of the weather the staff proposed to us to make the sight seeing flight the next day because the weather would be much better. On the day of the sight seeing, the pilot asked us what we wanted to see , and so he took us for a spectaculair flight above the volcanoes, Gullfoss, Eyjafjallajokull,waterfalls and he showed us the inlands of Iceland still partly covered in snow.

The airplane was equipped with windows in the back, which we could open to take perfect photos of the surroundings. We really enjoyed and recommend Atlantsflug and its crew, because they will give you a custom made experience you will never forget.

1  Thank sybrendebruin
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was in Iceland at the beginning of September this past fall (2013). My mom and I were staying near Skaftafell National Park for a couple of days to do some hiking, and decided that this would be a great place for a sightseeing plane tour, as the area is really beautiful. We encountered some classic Iceland weather, so we weren't sure if they would fly. We called the night before on the off-chance that there would be availability for a flight the next morning, which there was. As it turned out, the trip we originally wanted (Tour 6..a combination of 2 other tours) was not safe to do, as the weather was not great that day in the interior. After having a discussion about the weather and our options, Mackenzie, our pilot, took us on another tour, which turned out to be really fantastic. There were only me, my mom and one other tourist on our plane, so we had plenty of opportunity to snap some cool pics. Incredible views of mountains, glaciers, landscapes, and Jokulsarlon (which, by the way, looks really cool from above). I got some really fantastic pictures, and mom and I both had a really great time. Mackenzie was a great guide. He is great at his job, pointing things out as we flew by/over, and and gave us the best possible tour he could. He is friendly and energetic and knowledgable. It was a fabulous experience. If you are traveling to South Iceland, I think this is a must-do for your trip.

1  Thank Sheri D
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having come towards the end of our trip around Iceland, I wanted to finish the trip with something a little special, and Atlantsflug fit the bill perfectly. I called the previous day, picked our flight time and chose to fly from Skogar as I wanted to see Eyjafjallajokull and Landmannalaugar from above.
What a wonderful experience, McKenzie (sorry if spelling is incorrect) our pilot was great and pointed out all the important things and flew as close as possible to everything. We were lucky enough to have the plane to ourselves - just the two of us - and we got some fantastic photos.

It is not cheap but hey how many times in your lifetime are you going to fly over a volcano that caused so much disruption in 2010. I will cherish this memory and enjoy my pics for many many years, thanks McKenzie for such a fantastic flight

2  Thank marleycat21