Ways to Experience Melrakki Adventures
from $78.97
from $123.64
from $171.36
More Info
All reviews glacier adventure interesting facts highly recommend this company small group highest point land rover defender ice cave felt safe great tour other companies take pictures amazing experience katarina guide brochure borrow activity
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

I don’t know where to start. Look no further... Melrakki Adventures offers the PERFECT glacier walk. Not only was it the best experience I had in Iceland, but one of the most memorable things I’ve ever done. The best advice I could give is to book the evening walk - we had the entire glacier completely to ourselves. The most incredible, surreal, beautiful experience. Oddur was the perfect guide, full of knowledge and passion for his job. I’ll never forget this.

They’re a brand new company so the gear is top notch and the emphasis is on smaller groups, where you’re driven right up to the glacier. On the way there we passed buses belonging to other tour companies. A quick search online reveals the competitors take larger groups, it seems they can’t get as close, and they’re slightly more expensive. Book a walk with Melrakki today. Promise you won’t regret it!

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

We went to the glacier tour with my friend and the tour was by far the highlight of our trip to Iceland. Our guide was really helpful and I feld very safe. Also the group was super small and there was enough time to make amazing pictures. #GO!

Během návštěvy Islandu jsme se s kamarádkou vydali s melrakki adventures na ledovec. Absolutně nejlepší, perfektní, dokonalý, nejstudenější, největrnější a nejbílomodřejší a nejnezapomenutelnější zážitek! #bezřasenky

Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

Found the brochure on a local brewery in Vík and thought that it looked really good. We decided to try their evening tour the same day as it promised something different from the daily tours filled with other tour operators and tourists. And we got exactly that; an evening on the glacier with our guide Oddur and no one else. It was just amazing being able to walk between and on the glacier.
Can highly recommend booking a tour with Oddur and Katerina, both are very talkative and friendly! Plus they provided us with some recommendations for different hiking trails and sights.
It was definitely the highlight of our holiday in Iceland and something really worth doing - an unforgettable experience!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I booked the Glacier Walk (on a really short notice - thanks, Oddur!) with Melrakki, and it was beyond perfect. Katerina was our guide, and she was really professional and knowledgeable (we felt safe the whole time, and she knows the exactly best spots on the glacier), but at the same time very funny and light hearted. Oh, and the glacier is out of this world, you won't believe it.

This is a relatively new company, but don't be afraid to book with them, you will be in great hands. Since they are a little smaller, everything will be more private and personal (also, supporting new business is ALWAYS a good thing to do).

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

Very friendly and contact people. The Glacier walk with them was unforgatable experience. Highly recommended for smaller groups :)

Date of experience: July 2019