“Excellent”

The Black Duck
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Friendly service and wonderful view. The food was very good and good sized portions. Well priced too.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have just come back from a 2 wek holiday in the Dordogne and The Black Duck was 2 minutes walk away from our Gite.

The bar has an Irish theme to is as Matthew has a love of Ireland and Guiness! The restaurant though is not Irish and serves beautifully cooked local produce.

The food is really lovely without being pretentious. We ate there 4 nights out of the two weeks we stayed there, Matthew and his family and staff are very relaxed, friendly and accommodating.

I want to live in the Dordogne with The Black Duck being my local!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were actually staying quiet close to this restaurant & had seen the signs but only decided to try it after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We ended up eating there twice & would highly recommend to anyone in the area looking for delishious food in a gorgeous location! Everything we ordered was of the highest quality & the service was great. Children were more than welcomed & the whole atmosphere was relaxed & welcoming. A real find & a lovely holiday memory...

1  Thank Jaymala
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Came across this place while going from Proissans to Salignac, and decided to have a quick look. I have returned there at least five times in a week, either for whiskey/whisky tasting, diner with family and just a pint of Guiness ! Great ! And what a view...
Fully recommend for: food (foie gras, confit de canard...make sure you order in advance the Guiness cooked Duck), view of a great valley, feeling of uniqueness and locally at the same time. Matthieu is a great host, so do not hesitate to ask him about his family that used to live in the Carlucet village.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We ate here while staying down the street at the Les Charmes de Carlucet. The owner Mathieu was very helpful and entertaining and has a French/Irish combined menu. The beers, wine and food were excellent. The ambiance and views were fantastic - our daughters loved petting the dogs and going to look over the hill at the chickens and bunnies. Ironically, I think I had my best duck here on the trip. Twice while eating at more expensive restaurants my duck was overcooked while it was a perfect medium rare at the Black Duck. My wife lover her curry chicken kabobs. I wish we had the chance to eat there again while in the area!