All reviewscommon roomfruithumming birdsstayed nightshummingbird feedersbreadgreat gardenself cateringquaillaundry donecasita margaritabeautiful propertywonderful placebird watcherschickenjanetglen
Reviewed January 8, 2017

Whenever I am in Panama I try to spend at least a weekend here, out of the heat and humidity, among the flowers and hummingbirds of Panama. The grounds are beautifully tended, the natural setting maintained and beautiful trails marked for your strolling pleasure. There are a myriad of opportunities to just relax, meditate, or sip wine on the patio, watch the fireflies come out at night, or begin the morning with homegrown coffee amidst the daily hummingbird visitation and admire the incredible variety of these tiny creatures. The greater Nueva Suiza/Vulcan Baru area is easy to access from this spot. The rooms are well appointed, the breakfast is scrumptious, and the host/hostess have just the right touch of being friendly and helpful yet not intruding on your vacation. Cielito Sur is aptly named - for me it is that little slice of heaven in Panama!

Room Tip: They easily accommodate a variety of party sizes. All rooms well situated.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2016

Two years have passed since my last review of Cielito Sur, and I write now simply to report that it is still the same beautiful, serene place. After a superb breakfast -- all organic from their garden and chickens -- I wander the grounds, visit the new green house and vegetable plots, marvel at the Lee's inventiveness and green thumbs. Then to the terrace for another coffee (home grown and processed) to watch the giant hummingbirds, tanagers, grosbeaks, and other colorful and exotic birds. A great new staff addition is Shaun Lee, son of Janet and Glenn, who kindly shepherded me through some of the special garden plots and gave me seedlings to go. The proprietors will help you find a guide or a tour of the area -- but I most enjoy seeing the new twists taken by their inventiveness, sense of design, and understanding of their local environment.
• Stayed December 2016, traveled with family

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2016

I stayed at Cielto Sur for one night in June and I am wishing I had more time to stay there again. Glen & Janet (the owners) have built something so perfect in Cerro Punta. Their B&B is somehow perfectly organized, homey and elegant all at the same time. One of my favorite things about Cielto Sur is that anything I ever needed was right at my finger tips and you can tell they put a lot of thought into what their guests would need for the perfect stay. Besides how thoughtful the owners are about their guests experience the B&B also had beautiful (and not overly manicured) grounds, delicious breakfast, and plush beds. This is hands down one of the best B&B stays I have had (even for a night!) and hopefully I will be able to return at some time in the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaitlinEK
Reviewed July 9, 2016

We live on the other side of Volcan Baru and have visited Volcan & Cerro Punta several times but never for an overnight stay. It was a great pleasure to relax, visit several great nearby restaurants and enjoy the beautiful landscape and birds of the Cielito Sur B&B.

Room Tip: They all seem like they would be good. Ours was very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2016

Our second stay at Cielito Sur (3 nights) was just as amazing as the first. The grounds are still absolutely beautiful, room comfortable and very clean, the breakfast delicious. The owners are so gracious and accommodating. On departure day we were leaving early so they even made us breakfast to go and sent me off with one of the books from their library for reading on the plane. Also, the coffe they grow and roast is delicious. Can't say enough good things about Cielito Sur. I am sure we will be back.

Stayed: June 2016