Very interesting place to stay. Stayed in large cabin with missions team visiting Matagalpa. It is rustic, but what isn't in Nicaragua. Wake up to the sound of Howler Monkeys, hike for miles into the mountain jungles. A small group of us opted for a rugged hike while many of our group took the educational tour of the coffee plantation and sustainable complex. Can be a very educational stay and a relaxing get away from the hustle of Nicaraguan cities and roads. Restaurant was pretty good, if you like German food you should be happy.
German theme comes from German people who started coffee plantation a long time ago, hotel complex built in the 70's as a wedding/honeymoon complex. Worth checking out if you are exploring Central America.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service ecolodge, organic farm, and bird-friendly coffee estate in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua. Whether you are searching for wildlife, touring the Ruta de Cafe, or simply relaxing in a romantic getaway, we know you'll enjoy your stay. We are a vacation spot you can be proud to support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Selva Negra Mountain Hotel Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Resort Nicaragua/Matagalpa