This place is great for trails and the rooms are reasonably priced. The service on the other hand blows my mind. I can't get over how you can be in the business this long and have such horrendous service. The staff was so rude and the food really flavorless and taste nothing like typical good in Nicaragua.
One of my biggest complaints would have to be the lack of coffee. Your at a coffee plantation and you can't get coffee until after 715 am. Prices for food are so silly it's laughable. Not worth it!!!..but I guess when your staying there you don't have a choice an they know that. Bring lots of snacks and fruit. Sabeco is on your way up and they have fresh fruits and vegetables...your going to need them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service ecolodge, organic farm, and bird-friendly coffee estate in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua. Whether you are searching for wildlife, touring the Ruta de Cafe, or simply relaxing in a romantic getaway, we know you'll enjoy your stay. We are a vacation spot you can be proud to support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Selva Negra Mountain Hotel Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Resort Nicaragua/Matagalpa