Selva Negra is a very beautiful and ecologically conscious coffee farm/hotel. If you have the time to visit Matagalpa, you absolutely should! We spent 2 nights here towards the end of our trip and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Take the farm or coffee tour if you stay here - you won't regret it. The hiking trails are well marked and we saw howler monkeys and quetzals a few minute walk from our cabaña. The only drawback was that we had the same server for all of our meals and he was terrible. Truly the worst service I have EVER had anywhere and I have lived and traveled throughout Central America. The food was OK - I felt a bit overpriced compared with the other areas in Nica that we traveled to. Do I still recommend it? Absolutely! I just wish our waiter wasn't so glum. We tipped well and were super nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service ecolodge, organic farm, and bird-friendly coffee estate in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua. Whether you are searching for wildlife, touring the Ruta de Cafe, or simply relaxing in a romantic getaway, we know you'll enjoy your stay. We are a vacation spot you can be proud to support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Selva Negra Mountain Hotel Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Resort Nicaragua/Matagalpa