We loved our 2 night stay at Selva Negra. Do not miss this mountain resort if you are in Nicaragua. Go for one of the little cabins. They have "live roofs" with tons of vegetation (but this does make for a moist cabin). We saw agouti, sloths and toucans. Heards lots of Howler monkeys. Also, loved the farm tour. My only small complaint is that the meals are not authentic. They are for American tourists. Why don't they have any typical dishes on the menu?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a full-service ecolodge, organic farm, and bird-friendly coffee estate in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua. Whether you are searching for wildlife, touring the Ruta de Cafe, or simply relaxing in a romantic getaway, we know you'll enjoy your stay. We are a vacation spot you can be proud to support. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Selva Negra Mountain Hotel Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Matagalpa
- Selva Negra Mountain Resort Nicaragua/Matagalpa