“Authentic Italian in the heart of Central America”
Review of La Vita e Bella

La Vita e Bella
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Matagalpa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Arriving in Matagalpa on a Sunday evening didn´t leave many options for dinner, but this quaint restaurant exceeded all expectations. The tables are in a wonderful, lush garden, the owner is from Italy and uses high quality imported ingredients combined with local produce to create fantastic, reasonably priced meals. A huge plate of pasta and a beer only set me back $6!

1  Thank luv2explore11

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

So we never even considered ordering pasta as we came here strictly to order delicious pizza and that is exactly what we got. We never even seen anything else come out of the kitchen but, pizza so not surprised to read some of the other reviewers disappointing experience.

Great pizza, we had a grande half hawianna and the other half vegetarian. Standard crust is thin and would not consider any other kind. For less than ten dollars for a large pizza and a couple of Tonas, this was fantastic. No disappointments here...

I would recommend a taking a taxi to and from unless you drive yourselves as the streets the resteraunt is nearby are a little shady.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went here due to the high rating on TripAdvisor. We both ordered pasta and none of us were that impressed. However, the restaurant was crowded and seemed to be popular both by tourists and the neigbourhood. They allowed people to sell their stuff inside the restaurant, which I find disturbing during a meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently spent a couple of weeks in Matagalpa and this was one restaurant I went back to several times during my visit. It can be a little hard to find, being in an alley, but it is worth the trouble. Ask at the nearby La Buena Onda hostel if you get lost. Always filled with locals as well as tourists during my visits, the beer is very cold and the food tasty and filling. Although they have a varied Italian menu, the pizza was so good it was the only item I tried. Hot, cheesy and with a good selection of toppings, I highly recommend you give this restaurant a try.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was here on a Saturday night, and while it was quite busy, we received friendly service and received our food quickly. The Margherita pizza was delicious, with perfectly cooked thin-crust dough. My fiance had the vita e bella pasta (tomatoes, olives, and bacon), which was also great and the perfect portion size. It also came with delicious homemade garlic bread. Though a bit hard to find, as it´s tucked away off of an ally, it has a fun and vibrant ambiance that made me feel like I was in a pizzeria in Italy. We sat right in front of the kitchen and the smells were divine. My only regret was that we only had the chance to eat here once on our quick trip!