Review Highlights
Amazing experience

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Aly K
via mobile
Increased my diving skills tenfold

Reviewed September 4, 2018
Derek B
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews nurse sharks little corn open water fish blowing rock hotel los delfines manager adam octopus great diving thanks guys refresher course marine life the reefs diving school my boyfriend within minutes an unforgettable experience
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in corn islands for one week and although i didn't enjoy the island itself dolphin dive's experience definitely saved the whole experience.

We were new and inexperienced to diving and had the chance to be with the best teacher of my life : jenifer! So friendly, professional and calm, she helped us discover and master the art of diving with a patience that is an inspiration.

Adam, the manager is really cool and professional. He was very adaptable and friendly: i had a problem with my sinus and couldn't dive at all during my lessons. But adam immediately found a solution for the next days and even gave me some medication to help me enjoy the day.

Overall, all employees were of the same great level and very helpful. Special mention to the unique Gary who is litterally a master of the ocean, knowing every spot of the island and even counting sharks as his pets.

I highly recommend this place if you want a safe and professional diving experience on this island!

Thanks again Adam and sorry for taking so long to write this review (we were with you in February 2018)

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Came here with a party of four, three of which aiming to get our AOW certs and the other looking to do a Discovery Dive. Adam is a master of organization and was in constant contact with us in the months/weeks leading up to our trip, always happy to keep us apprised of the situation as it was going on and answer all of the million questions we had.

We arrived as planned and found the shop to be a well-oiled machine. Our refresher instructor Molly was fantastic, and did a great job reinvigorating my confidence in diving and helping my Discovery friend become acclimated. Our AOW instructor was Ivan, who is probably my favorite Dive Master I've ever had. He was patient and instilled a sense of confidence I had never had before. I went from liking diving to loving it! I'm already researching where I'd like to dive next. If and when I move on to get my Rescue Diver cert, I will make it a point to come back here :)

We all know the situation in Nicaragua, but there is absolutely nothing to fear on Little Corn Island (or the mainland, for that matter...). Tourists are in no danger whatsoever and are in fact welcome and desired right now. I highly, highly recommend visiting.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a super time @ dolphin dive, garry is a great divemaster and the sites are just crazy! Loved diving at little corn

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I’m an instructor and my wife is a dive master/assistant instructor. To top it off I worked in a dive shop myself for 5 years, crewed a livaboard, and travel guide. My first red flag was the we’re using dive master candidates as full divemasters. I had to explain several times that the were wrong about things including the basic hooking up regulator. It’s like they didn’t take the required equipment specialty course. To top it all off they treated us like a newly certified diver. And yelled at me for planning my dive And diving my plan. Which we discussed in the dive briefing.

1  Thank osuschreck
acdiver, Manager at Dolphin Dive, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Thanks for your input, but to clarify a couple of points. All our dives are guided by fully qualified I experienced Divemasters or Instructors. As part of our training program for Divemasters they will accompany divers and lead portions of the dive. Your regulators were set up properly, but maybe differently from your own personal preference. All regulators are manufactured with the option of having them one way up or another with high and low pressure ports on both sides to accommodate this. Equipment specialist rating is not required for Divemasters or Instructors by PADI or any other dive organization.
For divers diving with us the first time then yes we will pay them more attention to ensure that we are comfortable with their skill levels and competence.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

My wife had an awesome time diving with Dolphin Dive. We were both certified divers and went on multiple fun dives. All dives were 1-tank dives, all equipment included, about 5-8 minutes boat ride out to the reef. The reef looked very healthy and the nurse sharks, turtle, lobsters, and flamingo tongues were some highlights. Highly recommend the night dive. The bioluminescence was super cool!

During the time of our trip Little Corn was very slow with very few tourists on the island. Many businesses were slow or closing but unlike other parts of Nicaragua, the island always felt very safe.

Thanks to the manager Adam who was prompt with communication and reservations, and Gary, Chloe, and Molly, who were all awesome dive guides!
Go dive on Little Corn with Dolphin Dive!

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Dingus was our dive guide, and he was truly wonderful. Turns out I am not that good with being under water, everything was just so new to me but Dingus did great at being positive and encouraging me to keep going. Thank you so much for the experience, will be trying diving again thanks to you guys. Highly recommend!

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

One of the most amazing experiences at one the most amazing facility in the world. My wife and I had the extreme pleasure to aquire our Padi open water dive certificates at this wonderful little dive shop on Little Corn Island. Our instructors Dani and Claudia went far above what I would have ever expected with their professionalism, patience and focus on safety. While I had some diving experience many years before, my wife was a complete newby to the underwater world she was about to encounter. Her first breaths underwater were met with fear and anxiety. However with the unbelievable patience and a lot of "YOU CAN DO THIS" from Dani and Claudia she found her way. Not only did she find her way but after 3 days and an Open Water certification under her belt she (and l) eagerly went on to complete our Advanced Open Water certification. From some tears being shed on in the first experience to sitting on the ocean floor in complete darkness on a night dive less than a week later, all I could say was "WOW". To Dani, Claudia, divemaster in training Mike and all the rest of you at Dolphin dive. THANK YOU!!! You have opened up a new world to us. One that will remind us of all of you everytime we are floating weightless across some oceans floor.
Thanks again Dani and Claudia. You are the type of people that put the magic into magical little places like Little Corn Island.
We will be Back
Lisa and Don McNutt

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

The shop was well run the equipment good. We left on time or early for every dive. The dive masters look for creatures and keep a watchful eye. They actually altered the dive choice to go find dolphins which we were successful! They actually extended our planned bottom time within safety limits to spend time w the dolphins. Very special.

This applies to all shops in little corn

The dive sites in range can be limited due to wind. So make sure to check for conditions
The only challenge with all dive operators on little corn is the boat size. They are just too small to accommodate fins and you have to either slide down the bench or hoist yourself up over the side. Due to conditions you have to surface when the first person runs out of air. So dives are limited to 45 minutes.

1  Thank diverOhio
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Loved this place. The DMs were beyond great - personable, knowledgeable, entertaining. Adam was super easy to work with. The interns and captains and all staff were great. We rented most of our gear (reg, bcd, fins) and it was all in good condition. The whole experience was fabulous all around. We did 11 dives over 3 days, including 2 night dives. The dives were all fantastic - gorgeous coral, loads of creatures, biolum on the night dives. The boats & dive groups are small which made the dives even better. Went with other experienced divers and we all agree this was some of the best diving ever. We couldn't have been happier, and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Dolphin dive is a well-run, professional and friendly dive shop. Well before our arrival on the island, Adam efficiently responded to our questions and helped us plan our dive holiday. When a bad weather forecast was in sight before our arrival on the island, Adam was great in giving us a heads-up and helping us figure out the best scenario in terms of making it to the island and adjusting our vacation plans to still try to go on a few dives where weather permitted. We dove with Gary and had a great time. Big thanks to the Dolphin dive team!