“Nothing fishy about this place!”
Review of Lobster Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Lobster Inn
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here for a week recently and paid $20 per night for a room with a fan and a TV.... And even our own private miniature bathroom.

The location is perfect, in between the local nightlife (3 bars) and you will feel like family here.

The room becomes a sauna every morning as the power on the island goes out, this is the same everywhere and means that when the power goes out it's time to get up but I'm sure most people like getting up at 5am!

Overall great value, except mornings when you have had too many the night before and just wish you could sleep a bit longer!

Room Tip: Get off the panga quick and get he early boat, the island fills up by the afternoon
Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here a few days in march 2014. The owner was very unfriendly and absolutely not willing to negociate about the price. She charged 25 dollars for the room, as it was high season.. Well, the hotel was only half full.
Her daughter tough is much more kind and the room was good.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back, you dont get the view that the front ones offer, but instead you get a ni...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a reservation for three rooms in advance via the website. So we paid the reservation fee via creditcard and got a confirmation via e-mail. When arrived at the hostel, recoginzed that the reserved room are not available. The owner told us in a first conversation in a very rude manner that we made no reservation, because the mentioned webpage is not linked with her hostel. She told us a guy in Managua runs the website. So she said that is completely our problem and we won't get our money back. At the end she admitted that it was her fault, but she didn't give back our reservation fee and shouted at us in a very rude way. So we had to look for a new accomodation and it seems that we lost our prepaid reservation fee!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and while the room was really small, it was comfortable enough for $15 per night. We didn't spend much time in the room anyway. This included a private bathroom and fan. The property was always clean. The power did go off from about 5am til midday, so no massive sleep ins as it was too hot without fans. The front balcony looks right over the beach and gives great views of the sunset. I swam regularly in the beach out front and while not an amazing beach, at this time of the year, it was a lot better than the incredible windy beaches on the other side of town. If you are after fancy comfort, this isn't for you, but it is great for the budget traveller.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaintMish
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This lovely hotel is run by a sweet lady that try's and makes your stay feel like your home. The rooms are very nice and the hotel has lovely views of the sea. Overall it is a 9/10 we hope you have a lovely say too.......

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Natawood
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mixed reviews on this place. 20 dollars for a private room with a bathroom and fan. The room itself is fine, not nice, but fine. It's small, but clean enough. The bed, we were in room 10, is pretty awful. Massive springs poking out everywhere.

The main issue we had was our room was unexpectedly cleaned while we were out and when we came back our painting that we had bought and hauled around for two weeks was gone. It was about 2 feet long, rolled up in cardboad paper, and taped at both ends. I went and spoke to the owner, who is hard to find unless shes sitting on her front step, and she told me she'd look into it. The next day I hadn't heard anything so I asked the house keeper and she said she threw it out. I went back to the owner who again said she'd look into it and have the lady go through the garbage. I then saw the cleaner just sitting there with her gloves on staring out at the sea looking like she was in no rush whatsoever to find this painting that meant a lot to us. I asked her to go look immediately, she came back and said the garbage was burned. The owner never got back to me so I went to her one last time and she said it was up to the employee to compensate me. I told her that's not really fair, she's like 14, and you own the hotel. Anyway, I got a free night which nowhere near covered it. I didn't expect the cost to be covered, but it was really really frustrating having to back between them to figure it out. Neither the manager or the girl seemed at all interested in helping me, i never got an apology for the cleaner. Anyway, i'd go down the road to sunshine hotel for 10 dollars more for a much newer hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j123456123
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good place to stay if you are on a budget and like some comfort. It is located a couple minute walk from the pier and next door there are bars and restaurants. The hotel was empty when we stayed (low season in May) but for us peace and quiet loving types, it was perfect. We stayed on the second floor which has a wonderful balcony overlooking the ocean with a view that I love to come back to.

Our room was a little on the small size but was comfortable, well worth the 15 USD per night (with private bathroom and fan). The staff was helpful and accommodating and keeps the place scrupulously clean.

We were looking for a place on the other side of the island but to our disappointment, they were pretty expensive or too rustic (some had “bungalows” made out of metal sheets!). Lobster is really good choice for budget travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Hotel Bellavista
Hotel Bellavista
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Lobster Inn? Share your experiences!