“cheapest on the island”
Review of Lobster Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Lobster Inn
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mixed reviews on this place. 20 dollars for a private room with a bathroom and fan. The room itself is fine, not nice, but fine. It's small, but clean enough. The bed, we were in room 10, is pretty awful. Massive springs poking out everywhere.

The main issue we had was our room was unexpectedly cleaned while we were out and when we came back our painting that we had bought and hauled around for two weeks was gone. It was about 2 feet long, rolled up in cardboad paper, and taped at both ends. I went and spoke to the owner, who is hard to find unless shes sitting on her front step, and she told me she'd look into it. The next day I hadn't heard anything so I asked the house keeper and she said she threw it out. I went back to the owner who again said she'd look into it and have the lady go through the garbage. I then saw the cleaner just sitting there with her gloves on staring out at the sea looking like she was in no rush whatsoever to find this painting that meant a lot to us. I asked her to go look immediately, she came back and said the garbage was burned. The owner never got back to me so I went to her one last time and she said it was up to the employee to compensate me. I told her that's not really fair, she's like 14, and you own the hotel. Anyway, I got a free night which nowhere near covered it. I didn't expect the cost to be covered, but it was really really frustrating having to back between them to figure it out. Neither the manager or the girl seemed at all interested in helping me, i never got an apology for the cleaner. Anyway, i'd go down the road to sunshine hotel for 10 dollars more for a much newer hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j123456123

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good place to stay if you are on a budget and like some comfort. It is located a couple minute walk from the pier and next door there are bars and restaurants. The hotel was empty when we stayed (low season in May) but for us peace and quiet loving types, it was perfect. We stayed on the second floor which has a wonderful balcony overlooking the ocean with a view that I love to come back to.

Our room was a little on the small size but was comfortable, well worth the 15 USD per night (with private bathroom and fan). The staff was helpful and accommodating and keeps the place scrupulously clean.

We were looking for a place on the other side of the island but to our disappointment, they were pretty expensive or too rustic (some had “bungalows” made out of metal sheets!). Lobster is really good choice for budget travelers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

For $15 a night its hard to go wrong if you're on a budget. There are also rooms for $10 but we chose one at the back of the property with a nice breeze. The hotel is spotless, the staff charming and its close to the dock and restaurants, diving etc. Downside-the rooms are tiny, with literally just enough room for a double bed. Very hot at night, although there is a fan (if there's power- which there wasn't on our 2nd night), and expect mozzies. But great if you just need somewhere to crash after a days diving or exploring and funds are limited!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We spent there a week and we were very satisfied with this place. Our room was quite small but the bed was confortable and we had a private bathroom. It was cleaned every day by a nice girl and we had new towels every day as well. For the price we paid (US$15 for the two of us) it worth it! The only drawback was the girl at the reception who was unfriendly and sometimes rude. The Nicaraguan breakfast was excellent ! In comparison with the other cheap hotels on the island this one was the best by far!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MatSoph
Reviewed November 12, 2011

lived in the Lobster Inn for several months and can say that for the price it is the best on the island. I have also lived or stayed in each of the other hotels on the island so i have some good perspective. It is centrally located on the town side, close to both dive shops and the general store. The rooms are tidy and well maintained. Yes, there are sometimes sugar ants but trust me, every hotel on the island battles insects on a daily basis, and if insects arent your thing Little Corn isnt for you. That said, in several months i never had any big issues- definitely no mozzies or bedbugs. The staff is friendly and helpful and each day my room was cleaned.

If you are on your honeymoon and want to wake up to the white beach and rolling waves, the more expensive hotels on the other side are for you, although you may be battling bugs there as well. But the lobster inn is five steps away from the town side beach and a 10 minute walk to the windward side beaches. Unless you have been dreaming of waking up on the beach for months, why pay more? The whole island is practically a beach.

the hostel-like budget hotels on the other side of the island have their very rustic charm and party atmosphere, but for the same price you can get an infinitely better room at the Lobster. Take my word for it.

never ate at the restaurant but ive heard the breakfast is great.

Room Tip: tip: try to get one of the back two rooms facing the interior of the island, as those will catch th...
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank E P
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Absolutely awful. We (my mom and I) booked our last night on Little Corn here because we were signed up to be diving all day and doing a night dive as well, which was cancelled due to flight mix-ups. We decided to stay here because it was cheap, close to the dock and we thought we wouldn't be spending much time here.

The room was hot and damp. When we first walked in, there were at least 50 ants as soon as we stepped in carrying some dead bug around. In the bathroom there was hundreds of ants crawling up and down the walls, coming out of various holes and into other ones. I'm not to sure what was in the bed...but there was definitely some sort of bugs. During the night the room was hot and very damp and therefore very, very uncomfortable. The next morning we woke up (after barely getting a few hours of sleep) COVERED in bites - everywhere.

For the backpacker looking to take their chances with bed bugs, or fleas, or whatever; I will admit, if your on the second floor the deck is quite nice and a little cooler than the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank wanderlustsiobhan
Reviewed July 23, 2011

There for 2 nights,will return.Cheap,clean and safe.Like most little corn hotels has no daytime electricity but good fan and TV after 18.00.
Good braakfast.

#5 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Arenas Beach Hotel
Arenas Beach Hotel
#4 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Lobster Inn? Share your experiences!