“Awesome Cuban food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Havana Cuban Restaurant

Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Cuban, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Lorenzo, Nicaragua
“Awesome Cuban food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Authentic Cuban food, nice owners, good ambiance. Reminded me of my time in Havana.

If you want their special you have to talk with them in advance so they can take all day to make it.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sam C

Marietta, Georgia
“Tasty Cuban / Nica Restaurant on LCI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We decided to have our last meal on LCI before heading back to the mainland and we surely didn't go wrong with our choice. Now, TripAdvisor realistically, probably isn't the best source for restaurants on LCI, but we actually found this via Lonely Planet Nicaragua. That's how we knew that if we wanted the Cerdo Azado (pork) or la ropa vieja that we would have to order it a day in advance. So, you're now on notice.

We came by the day before in the afternoon to make reservations and let the staff know that we'd like to go ahead and pre-order the pork and beef for the next night.

We had a 6pm reservation and were just a few minutes late, but they were ready for us in that they had a table set and the food must have already. We were here during low season and were the only ones dining at the time.

The food was great! I ordered the cerdo azado (420 Cords - the price isn't listed on the menu) and my wife had the ropa vieja (380 cords). Both of our meals came with a cucumber, tomato, and iceberg lettuce salad with ranch dressing. Ranch on LCI...quite a surprise! Before we could finish, a small plate of rice and bowl of pinto beans were brought out right before our meal was to arrive. This also was done well. The rice nor beans were overcooked and the beans were flavored to make them quite tasty. Now the highlight of the meal was of course, the main course, my cerdo azado (roasted pork). It was served with a side of yuca mojo and the portions were huge. Looking back, we could have easily split our meal. I powered through my pork, but my wife was only able to eat about 1/2 or less of her ropa vieja.

In addition, my wife had a Cuba Libre (80 Cords) and I attempted to have a mojito, but they were all out of mint. Seems this is a common theme, but I'm sure they have to import mint from BCI so they won't have it every day. I then ordered a Caipirina, but our server, the owner's son, forgot to bring it, but I didn't sweat it since I was so stuffed from the meal itself. Water (25 cords per smaller bottle (16.9 oz.)).

Overall, the food was great. Just keep in mind that you could split one of their signature dishes since you'll get so much food! Also, they'll need to know 1 day in advance for the pork or ropa vieja. Our total bill was 930 Cords (~$40.00). Definitely our most expensive meal on the island, but also probably one of the tastiest. Also, there's a 10% upcharge if you decide to pay with a credit card. I'll try and post some pictures of my meal if I remember.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sarasota, FL
“Impeccable service, delicious food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Reservations required for the slow roasted pork. Delicious food, lobster with Cuban sauce was amazing. Quite a bit of food, a little pricier than others, but still well worth it!

Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Lobster place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a great meal here with excellent service. Lobster and conch were both good. Cocktails were yummy.

Visited August 2012
Western Canada
“Jalapeno Lobster & shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have made a point of eating here both times to the island. Would definately go back again. A little higher priced, but excellent food & service.

Visited March 2012