“Very nice!”
Review of Cafe Desideri

Cafe Desideri
Cuisines: Italian, Central American, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner one night. I loved the atmosphere! The food was very tasty, but a little pricey. The service was quick and I really enjoyed conversing with our server, very sweet!

San Francisco, California
“Best Meal on Little Corn”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Cafe Desideri is the best on the island! Though a bit pricier than others, it was worth it for the delicious fish special - we went back the next night for more! Thanks to Lucy for great service!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Super good!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Really nice place, nice service and one of the best food I had in Central America. Try the chicken breast with mushroom and cream. Sounds ordinary, but it was really good!! A little expensive though, maybe not for every day.

Vancouver
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The lobster thermidor was out of this world! The restaurant had friendly staff, fresh drinks and some of the best food on the island.

Visited May 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“...wonderful restaurant, fabulous food, lovely staff, stunning views!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is by far my favourite restaurant on this beautiful little island! The food is all cooked from the freshest ingredients and done so with love! I have probably tasted half the menu during my 10 day vacation and have loved every bite...clean plates all round! If I had to recommend my top 3 dishes, although it would be tricky, would have to be the kingfish fillet, the ginger beef and most deffinately the lobster termidor...at least once...I am a real foody and it is certainly one of the best things I have ever tasted :) I had the pleasure of meeting the wonderful Gladys and her team in the kitchen just before I left and was so happy to be able to give my gratitude to such a humble little 'family'!

I would certainly suggest a sunset cocktail at around 5.30pm! One of the best vista points on the island! You can also take your drinks/food down onto the beach below and enjoy it from one of the many hammocks or swing chair! Quite the social hangout! You will more than likely meet Casper down there, one of the 3 gorgeous Desideri dogs (the big White piggy looking one), he loves to sit and take in a good sunset :)

The waiter/bar staff are all extremely friendly and attentive! Nothing is too much trouble , even when they are very busy!
We also had the pleasure to meet one of the owners Mai-Lynn, who could not have been more genuinely warm and friendly...and clearly adored her animals! (helping set up a vets clinic on the island) We also got to enjoy one of the live music fundraiser nights for the vets clinic during our stay...a fantastic night with a young travelling guy from Europe playing a mixture of classical and electro violin, with some support from a few talented locals! This was deffinately our most enjoyable evening!!

I would highly recommend Desideri to anyone...even just for a good cup of Italian coffee!! Enjoy your trip!! :)

Visited March 2013