“Great happy hour! Free wifi”
Review of Tranquilo Cafe

Tranquilo Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, Tranquilo Cafe offers delicious and refreshing alternatives to the standard Central American "rice & beans" fare: Fresh Kingfish Ceviche, juicy Cheddar Cheeseburgers, catch-of-the-day Fish Tacos, marinated Chicken Fillet sandwiches, Quesadillas, House-made Chips and Guacamole, Vegetarian/Vegan options, and nightly Dinner Specials. With a recently added back-yard BBQ Smoker, we now feature succulent Baby Back Ribs, juicy Pulled Pork, and Mojo Chicken platters, along with our own BBQ sauce, and fresh made sides including our own fresh Corn Bread. Also featuring fresh brewed Nicaraguan Coffees (hot & iced varieties) and Espresso, fresh-made local fruit juice drinks, made-to-order fruit/yogurt Smoothies (including Minga's special; Banana-Avocado w/cinnamon and vanilla), daily-baked Cookies, Brownies, Banana Bread & Carrot Cakes, Ice Cream desserts, and much more. Famous for our Bonfire Parties, we're also the island night spot. A great laid back atmosphere, with a variety of music from all over the world (including local DJ Nights and live cultural music/dance groups). It's a terrific place to meet up with other fun-seeking travelers. Come early to our Happy Hour (5-7 pm), and check out the drink specials; Rum Punch, Sangria and many 2 for 1 rum drink deals. Also, the widest selection of imported beers on the island. Our deck is located right on the beach on the front side of the island, between the 2 dive shops, with a great view for sunsets and people watching.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I ate at this restaurant twice during my stay on Little Corn Island. The food was pretty good. The atmosphere and service was amazing. During happy hour, they have two-for-one drinks where you can get sangria, scary mary rum punch, pina coladas, daquiris, shots, etc. I tried the sangria and the rum punch and they were delicious! Food-wise, I tried the cheese burger with fries and the chicken nachos. Both were really good. The bar has fun activities at night as well, but I never stayed long enough to enjoy them. I really appreciated that this place had wifi too. Service was great. The waitstaff was attentive and pleasant. Bathrooms were clean too. Highly recommend this place!

4  Thank trailblazer119

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great bar and restaurant with an incredible staff to compliment this island gem. We recently got married on the island and held our reception dinner at Tranquilo. During the planning phase, the owner John, was extremely helpful and responsive. He put us in touch with two of his highly talented staff: Doug and Jacq, who helped us come up with some great ideas for the night. When the night finally arrived, the hard work they put into this event was very visible. The food (fall-off-the-bone BBQ) was absolutely  delicious and guests were raving. John also started a bonfire for us, which completed our perfect island night. It was exactly how we wanted the night to be.
Throughout the two weeks we were on the island, we spent much time at Tranquilo’s with our guests and were always warmly welcomed by their staff. Tranquilo was our groups favorite spot on the island and for many reasons. The location is perfect, it is right on the water. Dave, Doug, and Jacq always were attentive and prepared when we visited and most importantly, always friendly. You can tell a lot of love comes out of this place. We were also a fan a their HH specials. Our group took a strong liking to their delicious Scary Mary house drink (2 for 1 during happy hour!) I would highly recommending visiting Tranquilo’s while staying on the island. Beware, after one visit, you will find yourself making your way back on a daily basis. It’s hard to stay away!

4  Thank Kristin C
Reviewed May 20, 2014

A scene for backpackers and people are smoking cigarettes all over. Good fish tacos, good place to eat for convenience and some good choices, I ate there because it was next door to Dolphin Dive, was hungry after diving.

1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of discovering this outstanding restaurant with incredible drinks. The service was amazing and they always made you feel right at home. It turned out to be the "place to be" every night except Thursday. They are closed on Thursdays. Tuesdays nights are a blast with it being Tuesday night Trivia. Live music other nights, and just overall good people every night. With a happy hour from 5-7 every night, you can't go wrong. The food is outstanding with a beautiful sunset view on the beach every night. The owner lives on the island and is very interesting to talk to. The management is very accommodating and the other workers are very cool as well. They had a nice selection of alcoholic drinks, as well as some delicious smoothies. You gotta try the red beet ginger slaw, it was to die for. They even offer original souvenirs made by the locals. It's a great place to grab a few drinks at the bar or on the beach, read a book from their library, enjoy dinner with friends and and family, or just get lost in the moment, hanging out with the other wonderful people on Little Corn Island. Whatever your poison, you can't go wrong at Tranquilo's Cafe!

4  Thank Chris Y
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My first stop, and last, was Tranquilo Cafe. It's close to the dock and seemed very welcoming. The staff all had smiles and everyone at the bar was laughing and having a good time. My girlfriend and I stopped in and grabbed a couple ice-cold Tona's. We met some great people from all over the world. That night was trivia night. I was so impressed by the diverse, thought-out and culturally sound questions. I wasn't the only person at the bar that thought this. The music was great and the food was just what I was looking for. My girl had the fish tacos and I had some wings. Compliments to the local restaurant staff! By the end of our trip, I think we tried everything on the menu. I'm a picky eater and the staff helped me with every decision.

The next night there was a bon fire and some local reggae music. I danced and laughed all night. Very entertaining to watch how the locals, who have very little, be so passionate about the music and their culture. The following day we hung out on the beach in front of the Cafe and my girlfriend did sunset yoga on the deck with Jackie. It was a great class and seemed to be getting a lot of attention. I got to hang out with some of the staff and watch the local volleyball league play a pretty intense match.

Overall, It was my favorite place on this tiny island. It had a little bit of everything. We met so many interesting people and the staff was awesome, especially Doug! My girlfriend still talks about her favorite drink of our stay, the Caipirinha. I highly recommend Tranquilo to anyone looking to kick back, relax and enjoy some good food and drinks with an incredible staff. Thank you for everything Tranquilo!

Peruviandon