Imagine laying in a hammock while the light breeze sways you to the rythum of the surf and a beautiful native brings you the finest margaritas you will ever have in your life. AHHH HEAVEN!
Details: This place is Eco Friendly Rustic. You will not get cable TV here or be able to get your nails done. The owners have designed each cabanna to be comfortable yet eco freindly. The tin roofs collect rain wanter which is used for the shower and sink. (yes the tin roof can be loud in a rain storm but it put us right to sleep) The cabins are well ventilated with windows and placed to maximize air flow and beautiful white mosquito nets are provided for the pests although when we were there the bugs were not an issue at all. we didnt even use the bug spray we had brought along.
This place is an oasis from everyday life and they provide everything you will need to be content and at peace. The staff is gracious and helpful without being obtrusive. The cook is amazing and the menu ranges from steak and lobster to curry with vegtables and rice for dinner, to "from scratch" coconut french toast to hevos rancheras for breakfast. We were expecting to loose weight on our trip, after all were in nicaragua! Not here no! Every meal was amazing! (did i mention their margaritas?? YUM)
Do yourself a favor when you make your reservation and ask Scott to set you up with a boat driver, he will send Elvis (or other trusted local) and his smaller ponga to come get you. its expensive but its very much worth it, specialy if you arrive in stormy weather or are not to sure about crossing open ocean in a small boat.
I will return and i will bring my 4 yr old and my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Nicaragua - Corn Islands