We stayed here in March, and this is the first time we've reviewed a place on Trip Advisor, so here goes:
After staying a few days at another local hotel - we may still review them later - we became aware of Little Corn Beach & Bungalow through two other guests staying there. We just wish we had found out about it sooner, as we were only able to stay for our last 2 days on the island. Once we got there, we didn't want to leave until the last possible moment to catch the panga boat to the airport. Scot and Kristine are the consummate hosts, making us feel at home from the moment we stopped by to check on room availability, right up to when we checked out, even sending a guide to help show us the way back to the front side of the island when we weren't sure.
They are the hidden oasis on Little Corn, and in a way, we selfishly wouldn't mind if it stayed that way. We felt like Robinson Crusoe living in a beautiful tree house. Their drinks were superb (Mega margarita's - I was hammered after just 2), their awesome meals - the restaurant actually has a tree house style design - defied the remote location, and their staff were courteous and helpful, actually downright friendly, like they were old friends.
The bungalow's are well designed, using as much natural materials as possible, with lots of attention to detail, and they were immaculate. We felt very safe at night, as they designed in some creative security features as well. The beds were very comfortable, and our bedroom had a pedestal fan to keep us cool - on top of the constant breeze blowing through the room.
We spent much of our time laying in hammocks that are spread out over the immaculately kept grounds, sipping drinks and noshing on their guacamole and home made chips, which the staff brings right to you. Also, if you don't feel like eating inside the restaurant, you can also sit at any of the properties shady beachside palapas (sp?)
In reading some other reviews, it's mentioned that they are a little higher priced than some of the others on some things. But ya know what? Treat yourself! Honestly, there is no other place on the island that that we found that compares for overall ambiance, service, comfort, and quality. It's called "value", and that's worth a little extra to us.
And by the time we left, we felt like we now have 2 new "old friends" with Scot and Kristine. You will NOT regret a stay at LCBB! It's also hands-down the most romantic location on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Nicaragua - Corn Islands