We were in Little Corn Island for a full week during Easter.
The reason for our trip was to celebrate my husband 's birthday , and decided to do it on a remote and different location.
LCBB was definitely the best choice.
But first I'd like you to know some details about the trip :
- You will need to fly to Big Corn Island , we use La Costena airlines. My recommendation is to buy your tickets in advance and arrive early at the La Costeña, they will provide you with your boarding pass and check your luggage.
- We travel over Easter and was very crowded .
- When you arrive at Big Corn should take a taxi to the dock and you must purchase your ticket to the panga.(little boat)
- Yes, it's not a boat, nor yacht or ship. It is a panga. No seats, no handles, no roof, no security. There are only a few life jackets, not enough for everyone.
- The seats are a wooden board and back too.
- What I am going to say is very important: If you have back pain, if suffer from sciatic nerve, scoliosis, are pregnant or have you had an back injury or knee problem or hips injury DO NOT MAKE THE TRIP IN THE NORMAL PANGA . This is no joke, and is not whining . Really, for your health , it's the best . I guarantee . I recommend you get a panga just for you or make your trip by renting a yacht, just consider the difference in price.
- The journey is very hard, with big waves and winds. At various times I feared for my life and safety. Please believe me.
- Once arrived , is another story ...
Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the guys who picked up our luggage and walked to LCBB .
Greeted by Billy , offered us the most delicious pina colada ( the best I've tasted ) . Then I realized that they make the best pina colada on the planet .
Scott guided us to our bungalow. The bungalows are very welcoming and have queen or king bed according to your choice. They have all the basics, the mattress and pillows are super comfortable.
The location is unbeatable and this little gem exudes originality and authenticity everywhere.
The restaurant is spectacular! Delicious food , each meal is delicious , including snacks. Try two beans hummus and ground beef nachos . A success!
You cannot miss the opportunity to do snorkeling with Elvis and if you like massages, Lady is excellent !I had to repeat !
Every morning the staff left us coffee and juice on the terrace of our room.
If your stay is long, 4 nights or more, do not hesitate to get the RADD deal offered on their website. Definitely the best!
Note deserves the staff: always helpful, friendly, full of smiles and ready to serve you best . Bianny, Tischelle, Jennifer, Max, Maxine, Angelica, Catalina, Billy, and others who do not remember the name ( please excuse ) I congratulate you for such excellent service. Keep it up!
In short, were had our dream vacation, I cannot wait to repeat. Even though the panga ride ... without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Nicaragua - Corn Islands