“Fantastic place!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Birmingham
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Literally one of the best places I have ever stayed. Food was superb, room was immaculate and the owners were very charming, very reasonable prices too. I really liked the attention to detail in the rooms and restaurant and it is clear that a lot of care has gone into designing the cabins and also in trying to minimize the environmental impact on the island. Travel accommodation rarely leaves much of an impression on me but this place definitely stands out as a real gem. I can't wait to go back and i highly recommend it to anybody planning to visit Little Corn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lorimer123

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you're looking for relaxing beachside holiday then LCBB is the perfect place for you. The bungalows we stayed in were delightful and the bed unexpectedly comfortable for such a low-key location. When you're not in bed there are also several hammocks to lie in strung up amongst the dense palm trees sheltering the property from the seashore.

After sleep the second most important thing on a holiday is food. The meals at the restaurant are terrific and everything on the menu is worth sampling at least once during your stay. We only dined out elsewhere once. The lobster portions are huge and the pulled pork sandwiches are something to write home about. I also really enjoyed the coconut and chocolate cookies and pina coladas.

The yoga at Firefly studio was great and offered daily. The open-air studio is nestled in the palm forest behind the bungalows, providing a tranquil setting to stretch and meditate. Sarah the teacher is really sweet and engaging. All levels are accommodated and she can tailor the instruction on the spot to isolate and soothe any aches in the body. Massage is also available.

LCBB really is the best place for you to stay. Book it now!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taraveller
Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here back in November last year and am just writing this review in response to the reviews i have been reading. Most of the reviews are right on. The owners are great. Very responsive and pay attention to the littlest detail. The staff was friendly. The food was incredible, really some of the best resort food we have ever eaten, and we have travelled all over the Caribbean, South America, Central America and Hawaii.

My guess is that for the two or three whiners who are complaining, there is another side to the story.

When you get to LCBB, you will get exactly what they advertise, and it is a great bargain and one of the few remaining genuine getaways available anywhere. We hope to get back soon.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get one of the beachfront rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Having spent 3 weeks travelling around Nicaragua, we saved the best 'til last and Little Corn B&B did not disappoint. We had a fairly smooth panga ride over and were met at the dock by a nice young man with a wheelbarrow for our luggage and proceeded to walk 10 minutes to the other side of the small island to the idyllic spot where Little corn B&B is located.
We were greeted by very friendly staff who never seemed to stop smiling throughout out stay, nothing was ever too much trouble for the girls in the restaurant. The food was world class, we ate all our meals in the restaurant - there was always plenty of choice, from filet mignon to fresh lobster and all very reasonably priced considering the location. We enjoyed coffee being delivered to our cabana early each morning and cocktails throughout the day - I can't think of anything more relaxing than drinking mudslides, lying in a hammock on a beautiful Caribbean beach!
The resort itself was kept spotlessly clean, staff cleared the seaweed off the beach and the grounds were swept twice a day, cabanas were immaculate and we hardly saw any bugs the whole time we were there.
Scot and Kristine were perfect hosts and Lola the parrot provided much entertainment with her choice vocabulary and her night time escapades!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Madkath
noplansnoreserve, Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
WOW! We still get very excited when we it all comes together for us as a hotel and our guests leave very happy! Thanks so much for the very kind review.

We are especially happy that you enjoyed the" Dining and Activities" package that you chose. We are constantly working on improving our food, drinks, atmosphere, accommodation and of course most of all VALUE. It is good to see that our staffs hard work is paying off.

Thanks for taking the time to offer up your experience and we hope that we may see you back on LCI someday soon.
California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is about as high end as Little Corn gets. You do pay more for the "polished" nature of the place, but the location is incredible, and after long travel days to get there...it's nice to have a beautiful and clean place to crash.

It's an easy 5 minute walk to the main "village", and you have your choice of a couple of routes to take for variety.

We stayed in the "bunkhouse" which is behind the main casitas (they are beachfront), as it was more within out price range. It was fine, had the ocean breeze filtering in anyway, and had a nice comfy bed. It is located right next to the "utility" building at which all the washing, cleaning, etc for the resort gets done. So it was a bit noisy sometimes, and the smell of cleaning solvents was present fairly often. But this was mainly during the day, and what the heck would we want to be inside for during the day?!

We ate a few meals here at the turned turtle cafe, but found them just fair. The fish they were serving was not locally caught, which struck me as odd...as they are surrounded by water. Prices were on the high side, and sides were a steamed vegetable medly...from a bag like we get here in the USA. I don't like it here, and I had hoped for something more there, though I understand that fruits and veggies are hard to come by on Little Corn. I guess for the price, I'd just have expected the extra effort.

We didn't feel that the owners were "uptight", just well organized. They run a nice place and it shows.

Overall, the place was clean, well run, and in a great location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adam A
noplansnoreserve, Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
We are very happy that our guest enjoyed their stay with us.

We very much appreciate when a guest will take the time to share not only the good things about our hotel, but also in a positive way help us look at the things we can improve upon.

To that end . . . the Bunkhouse accommodations are significantly lower in price than our beach front cabins. There are a few reasons for this: garden location, shared bathroom, no hot shower and yes . . . one of them is close to the laundry wash area. We are constantly working with our staff to help them appreciate how their actions can affect a guests experience. With this feed back we are going to continue helping them understand that noise or the excessive use of detergents etc. can negatively impact our guest experience.

The Turned Turtle restaurant actually does use some frozen bagged vegetables. Contrary to what some would believe, fresh fruits and vegetables are rare on the island (except during certain brief prime seasons on the island). This means that all most all of these food stuffs must be brought from the mainland via truck, then ocean freighter and entailing an almost 7 day journey.

But, we also steam fresh vegetables, offer spinach, fresh steamed brocolli with hollandaise sauce and fresh soups. The bagged veggies are a back up to limited supply and used as an addition to certain fresh vegetable dishes.

Our fish IS locally caught (we are not sure where this guest got the idea that it is not?). Because the local fisherman are not very reliable, we soon learned that if we wanted to offer fresh fish on a consistent basis (we feel that consitency is one of the hall marks of a quality restaurant) we had to procure a more reliable source. Our fish is actually brought from Big Corn Island and purchased at the local business that buys fish from all the local fisherman. This allows us to ALWAYS offer every item listed on the menu.

Thanks for letting us share this information with you.

Safe Travels!
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

These folks really have done a great job in making a well-managed, detailed to comfort (as best as could be expected in the locale) bungalow operation in a remote island. We stayed at a Gulliver suite. Over the past 25 years, we have stayed at remote bungalow operations throughout SE Asia and Caribbean...dozens if not nearing a hundred establishments. This place, granted now that we have money to afford this quality, is one of our favorites. The best of LCBB: pina colada (really the best ever with roasted coconut), very attentive and friendly service, multiple fans, feet rinsing container at bungalow steps, very clean, and many other great impressions. It is a very challenging accomplishment to make this level of quality in a remote location. They have done a great job.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OMJJ
Atlanta
Reviewed August 25, 2012

First, I'd like to say I thought LCBB's website was extremely informative in letting me know what to expect when visiting Little Corn Island. I was fully prepared for the panga ride (even had trash bags for my luggage) and it wasn't bad at all. I didn't get wet arriving or departing but I talked to some fellow passengers on the ride back who'd had a pretty rough ride on the way out so I guess it depends on the day. When I arrived at the dock on Little Corn, there was someone from the hotel there to meet me with a wheelbarrow for my luggage to make the walk across the island. It was about a 15-minute walk along a wooded path but when we emerged onto the beach on the other side of the island I was immediately charmed by the grounds of LCBB. I had booked the Master Suite Crusoe bungalow because it had a generator which allowed the fans to run for a few more hours after the power goes off at 5am every morning. I thought the lack of power might be an issue for me but I was wrong. In fact, the two fans in my bungalow were so powerful that I often turned them down during the night so I could better hear the ocean. The bungalow itself was lovely. The bed was comfortable with effective mosquito netting and the decor and furnishings were just perfect for a beachside bungalow. The hotel's beachfront was perfectly-maintained and I enjoyed walking end to end on that side of the island and checking out all of the beaches. There are lots of shaded chairs and hammocks on the property so there were plenty of places to relax with a book. I brought bug spray and used it and never had any issues with the insects. I especially enjoyed the Turned Turtle restaurant. The food was excellent and very reasonably-priced. I had some delicious grilled seafood for dinner and breakfast was terrific, too. The only thing that could have made my stay better was if the wifi had been working. Unfortunately it's been down for several weeks & they are still looking at options to resume the service (the options are limited on the island, apparently). So, that meant walking into town to communicate with the outside world. Not the end of the world, but certainly would have been more convenient to have access in my room or at the restaurant. But aside from that, a thoroughly enjoyable stay at LCBB!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RTWin30days
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Corn Island
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
#2 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique...
#4 of 7 in Little Corn Island
#3 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Hotel Bellavista
Hotel Bellavista
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!