“Just Fine With Me!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Big Corn Island
Warrensburg, New York
“Just Fine With Me!!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

If luxury is a must well this place may not be for you. But if you want to feel as if you are home on the island well this is the place. Costanza and her family are the warmest and most hospitable people that you will ever meet on any vacation. The rooms are spacious and relaxing the grounds are comfortable and inviting. And the shower water is just right. If waking up and enjoying fresh fruit and the best coffee this make your stay that much better. And location, location you feel that you ard miles away from everything but in reality you are closest to all but in a place were quiet time is un matched. Rustic and charming and the jewel of both islands.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Es-Bueno

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed April 7, 2012

After reading the reviews on the internet, I decided to put La Pricesa de la Isla
into my top priorities. Although I called a month ago for room, the place was
still all reserved, but I decided to go there and have a taste of the food anyway.
I went there at the end on March and beginning of April, which was Semana Santa.
I made a reservation for food on the first day and went there on the second day.
I ordered the lobster and spaghetti one. On the second day I went there at noon,
they already had my tables prepared waiting for me to come. The first course
for that day was home made cheese with marmalade, which tasted great.
The second course was spaghetti , at first I thought it was the main course
and they got it wrong...but letter I found out it was just the second course
the main dish has not come yet. My main dish was lobster, they cooked it
in Italian flavor, which was wonderful cause I never tasted anything like this
in Nicaragua. They had dessert in the end, for that day was icecream.
La princesa de la isla was so beautiful I decided to stay there the whole
afternoon, Even though I wasn't a guest for there rooms, they treated me very
well. They got me a chair to relax in front of the beach, which is a very clean
and beautiful place to lay down and just relax. I rented their scuba gear for
5 dollars and went scuba in the afternoon, they introduced me to the place
where was easy to get in the sea. The place was so great I came back again
on the forth day of my trip. The second time I came back I had fish and
spaghetti. The fish was the best fish I had on the island and I strongly recommend
it. This place definitely have the best food on the island, although it's not cheap
compared to the others, I think it's worth the price. Just make a reservation
beforehand and come here for great food great service and great view.
I'd say it's a must eat place on the island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KirbyPop
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This rustic hotel has rooms a stone's throw from the ocean. Rooms are comfortable, attractive and clean. La Princesa de la Isla is run by a charming Italian family who are very attentive, and great cooks! Meals are pricey, but copious and delicious. Nothing like a home-cooked Italian meal if you're sick of blah Central American cuisine.

A two minute walk in either direction will bring you to long stretches of deserted white sand beaches that are great for swimming.

My wife and I were really happy there. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank earljones
Reviewed February 25, 2012

What a wonderful place! First off, the owners are amazing, from the minute we showed up they made us feel like we were old friends staying at their home as compared to tourist on a beautiful island. Their food was amazing, be sure to bring an appetite. I could have eaten everyone of my dinners here. As for the room, well I liked them, although if you require pampering or enjoy the mega resort lifestyle do not expect to find it here. The water pressure is low, but you should expect this when traveling to areas such as this. To repeat, I did like the rooms, after all I was hard to beat going to sleep 50 feet from the ocean.
Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for great food, great company, and a laid back experience.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank ColeDog13
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 6, 2012

After reading other reviews of properties on the Corn Islands, I will begin by saying that if you want the comforts of home, then stay home. But if you want to experience interesting islands without the development and glitz of some of the Caribbean islands, then put the Corn Islands on your bucket list. I cannot say much about Big Corn Island since we spent only two nights here on our way out of Nicaragua from Little Corn Island. We had planned to spend the first full day touring the island and snorkeling on the reef on the other side of the island. We found the La Princesa so inviting that we decided to spend the day on the property lounging and snorkeling on the beach in front of the hotel. Alessandro had warned us that the reef in front of the property had been destroyed in a previous hurricane, but nevertheless we were content. I cannot say enough about the graciousness and attentiveness bestowed on us by about our hosts Costanza and Alessandro. Do not be turned off by having to order your dinner in advance. It is worth it! As if our first night's meal wasn't good enough with spaghetti prepared true Italian style followed by a lobster dinner. The second night Costanza graced us with her homemade fettucini followed by Alessandro's expertly prepared Fish a la Princesa, complete with an actual lettuce salad, hard to find in the Corn Islands.
When we entered the property I was surprised at the proximity of the gated property to the neighboring houses, but this turned out to be a plus as we felt like we had experienced some of the fabric of the island even though we had not left the property. We experienced the children next door climbing a large tree (and posing for me on the treetop) and later swimming. The people we encountered are a proud, happy people. The children were intrigued by our snorkel masks so we let them borrow them. What a pleasure to see them experience the underwater world! In the end we decided to leave our masks behind and felt they were in good hands.
During the day you can here sounds from the nearby homes, the crow of roosters, and a faint sound of the disco in town (not bothersome). But at night all you hear is the lap of the waves on the shore. A faint breeze came through our bungalow, but we did have to run the fan to be comfortable.
We had an early morning departure so Alessandro ensured that we had awakened on time for our taxi, and he delivered unrequested fresh-brewed coffee to our door! We cannot say enough about our 36 hours at La Princesa.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ptcruiser47
UK
Reviewed February 5, 2012

we stayded there in january, it's just lovely, everything is decorated with so much care an love and the italian family who runs the palce ist helpfull in every situation that may occur. stay there if you have the oppurtunity. just the matraze of the small bed wasen't the best anymore.
the location is a bit out from everything, but during the day you can easily walk to the nice beach or town and at night just take a cheap taxi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry M
Plainville, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We did not stay here because our needs were a little different for our short stay on the big island, but we did have a very amazing meal here. We were not paying attention, and felt terrible when we just showed up and asked if they were serving rather than making reservations. Let's just say that although we'll be careful to call ahead in the future, we felt full and great by the time we left! Costanza & Allesandro only want reservations so that they can offer you the best dining experience possible in the most beautiful setting that is their home and inn. The construction of hard wood in the newer parts and the historic coral construction on the very private beach along with the personal dining experience with this family makes it feel like something out of a movie, or at least like we could have been movie stars! Side note, it is slightly remote so plan your taxis in advance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
#3 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Hotel Morgan
Hotel Morgan
#6 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to La Princesa de la Isla? Share your experiences!