La Princesa de la Isla
Mimundo Hostel(Big Corn Island)(Great Value!)
$20
Hostelworld.com
Casa Canada(Big Corn Island)
$100
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Island Roots Hostel(Big Corn Island)
TripAdvisor
Paraiso Beach Hotel(Big Corn Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Hotel Bellavista(Big Corn Island)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Morgan(Big Corn Island)
  • Beachfront
Sunrise Hotel(Big Corn Island)
TripAdvisor
Villy's Cottage(Big Corn Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsitalian foodpicnic beachhomemade pastaitalian couplemosquito nettinglittle cornon stiltslively conversationnatural materialsb cromantic placerooms are spaciousfell asleepamazing oceanconch shellsbook in advancestayed for one night
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed at La Princesa de la Isla for several days in February/March and we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and unique. The views of the Ocean are wonderful; we fell asleep to the sound of surf every night. The owners are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. We really enjoyed getting to know them. The restaurant has fantastic dinners - make reservations earlier in the day. It is a very tranquil, peaceful place today. It is about a 20 minute walk down the beach to the "down town" area. You can also take a short and cheap cab.

Geraldine and James
Wisconsin, United States

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geri_11
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Although i ts a remote place to stay , its a cozy and charming place.Owner s are great and helpful.
If you dont stay there, you must try this great Italian food restaurant , you have to reserve in advance , so they prepare all fresh food.
phone number was hard to find so write it down. [--]
Janique, tweety17, Montreal

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hic-manebimus-optime, Direttore at La Princesa de la Isla, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2011

A clarification.
Thanks for the nice words, I hope some of your friends will be bringing your regards to the Princesa. Thank you also for wanting to make available to readers of TripAdvisor phone number but I would only point out that the number is not 'correct, the number is: 00505 88542403. Thanks again and CIAO.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Not your typical hotel, in the best way. Genuinely nice and friendly hosts, incredibly unique buildings and an amazing secluded location for such a small island. If you require a typical hotel, it might now be for you but nothing on corn island will suffice in that case. Secluded location was one of my favorite parts, but still an easy walk to picnic beach or brig bay - an taxis are everywhere all the time and only 15 cordobas( 80 cents!) so no problem getting anywhere.

Food is definitely the best on the island. They are stocked with booze, beer, water (big bottles which are nice to take to the beach), just ask. Sunsets are amazing, and because of location I dont think there would be a better spot to watch on the island.

We spent new years eve with their family and they included us like we were part. Bubbly at midnight on the beach etc...

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed there for 3 days in October 2010 with my husband and toddler of 2 yrs old and it was just perfect. A very cosy and comfortable place with amazing sea views from our bungalow and the beach right in front. The Italian owners are very very welcoming, feels like being part of the family while you stay there and the food is just amazing - real Italian dishes but with fresh local ingredients (lobster, fish - just delicious). It is specially suited as well, if you worry about hygiene, because at Princesa de la Isla European standard is the rule, so you just enjoy without worrying. But the relaxed atmosphere is totally Caribbean. The special needs of our little son were completely taken care of and he too had a great time.
They are soon to open a sea front restaurant not far from the bungalows and I am sure it will be the best place to eat on Corn Island. In any case our stay there was one of the highlights of our trip to Nicaragua. Totally recommend it!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I stayed at Princesa for three days in May of 2008, with my girlfriend and 11-month-old son. We were flying in on the plane and met a woman who insisted we go there. She called Alessandro and after taking a cab, he met us at the gate. We knew we were in for a treat when I pulled out my wallet to pay the cab driver, and Alessandro put his hand on my shoulder and silently shook his head. I understood that he would take care of the fare.

From then on, we were treated like we were las princesas des la isla. Alessandro, ever the consummate gentleman answered our every beck and call, whether it was a plastic tub for my son to bathe in, information about the island's history, an impromptu biography of the Italian folk artist whose crooning left us enamoured, or the best coffee in the country.

His wife Catarina, made the best food we ate in Nicaragua. Served in typical Italian style, we had a salad made from local fresh produce, a homemade pasta course, and the day's catch. What a meal. We tried out the other places to eat on the island, but I can say with utter confidence: do not bother.

When we were checking out, we had some problems with our credit cards, and Alessandro simply said, "I trust you." We sent him some money upon returning to Canada.
He was unbelievably understanding.

We then went to Little Corn, where our son got very ill and refused to eat for three days, until we returned to La Princesa and Catarina remedied the situation. She said confidently, "He will eat." She shortly returned with a simple meal of her homemade pasta and great olive oil. My son finished the whole plate. They let us use their facilities all day while we waited for the return flight to Managua without charge.

I would go back anytime.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family