“Very good experience here”
Review of Casa Canada

and 1 more site!
Casa Canada
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Big Corn Island
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The rooms are beautiful and it actually has air conditioning! We had Room #4 right in front of the pool. The grounds are kept very clean. There was no beach, but the infinity pool more than made up for that. The only negative is that the food is only so-so.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 2 young adult children in Dec 2012. The hotel was responsive to our needs by offering us a separate, discounted room for our son, while our daughter slept on the hide-a-bed in our cabana. The food was very good, and we really enjoyed the infinity pool. The beach is rocky on this side of the island, so it was difficult to access, but the pool made up for it. We enjoyed the sitting areas right outside our cabana and near the pool. Be sure you bring mosquito repellent!

Room Tip: I recommend the cabanas.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a nice property and the rooms are really pleasant and clean but we did run into some problems. Our first room had lots of mosquitoes. We told the staff and they quickly came to spray but it didn’t seem to help much. Then my girlfriend got shocked in the shower when she touched the showerhead. They have those showerheads that have 120 volts running through them and the wires were exposed with visible electrical-tape connections (I’ve never understood those shower heads). We told the receptionist and she said you shouldn't touch the shower head without shoes on. In the shower? She kindly gave us a new room (which had the same kind of shower head) which, of course, we didn't try to adjust. No mosquitos in this room. It was also a little smelly out by the pool, not sure what it was. Again, the rooms are beautiful and with a little more attention this could be a great place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phil v
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I spent the 4 nights at Casa Canada over the Christmas Holiday. I had a wonderful time. I was in room #6. There were no problems with the room. The hotel was full this time. I was there in August when the hotel was empty. With full occupancy service was excellent. Rooms were cleaned on time and restaurant service was excellent. I did leave a little tip for room service and the cooks. I recommend renting the bikes from the hotel. $3.00 per hour. They are in pretty good shape plus it gives you a chance to get a little exercise in. I had no problems with the hotel service at full occupancy. I wrote a review on Casa Canada back in August. This time around i had a chance to check out the Sunday baseball game. Its a good way to experience the culture. For all of you sports fans its the equivalent of minor league A ball.

The only problem i had was with American Airlines. They left my luggage in Miami. So I was without my luggage for a 1.5 days. There are only 2 flights to the island each day. The following day 1st flight had no room for my luggage so it arrived on the 3:30pm flight. Casa Canada has laundry service so i was well taken care of on that aspect. I will make Corn Island a once a year trip. Next time i will brave the panga boat and check out Little Corn Island.

I hope this helps. Have a great relaxing trip.

Room Tip: I advise to get room #6. its in front of the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Casa Canada in late November and we highly recommend it. the accomodations are excellent, comfortable beds, strong hot showers and super clean. Our group of 3 couples had rooms near the pool and enjoyed socializing there in the mornings and evenings.
A full breakfast is included and made to order - eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, etc. However, we recommend you eat elsewhere for lunch and dinner.
This hotel would be our top choice for adult travelers. It has a lovely pool, nice grounds, great rooms and service, beuatiful views, but it does not have a sandy beach. Not the best choice for families.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms near the pool - our favorite was #3.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you're looking for a hotel that's comfortable, clean and convenient on corn island you will love this hotel. The restaurant and bar offer an opportunity to unwind and enjoy a meal just a few feet from your room. The rooms aren't newly decorated but, they have everything you will need, including separate living area to enjoy a movie. The best feature of hotel is the infinity pool and front porches on every bungalow.. The worst feature would be the beach, although it sits on ocean it has no beach at all

Room Tip: Try for a room in the middle of the pool you will love the view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We found a gem to relax by the waves on Corn Island, a short 1 1/2 hour flight from Managua, Nicaragua. I don't know when was the last time I woke up at 9 A.M.?
Great service, reasonable prices and sand, soft Caribean sand on every beach.
Our room was great with fans and airconditioning, a good bathroom with hot water. They have a hotwater tank with a solar panel on top of the roof, so i's eco friendly!
Food service is fast.
They have an excellent pool and from the edge you look down on the crashing waves below.
Paradise!
We were there with our two boys, 10 and 8 for 3 nights and already made reservation for New Years eve for 5 nights.

Room Tip: They have 20 rooms, some close to the pool and some farter away, which are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Arenas Beach Hotel
Arenas Beach Hotel
#2 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Casa Canada? Share your experiences!