We didn't stay at this hotel, but we ate here a few times. Must say that the food was very, very good, and priced reasonably. There were just a few things that bothered us:
1. The overpowering smell of septic tank or sewer wafting through the air on our second visit.
2. The "voluntary tips" notice in the menu but 15% added to the bill. We like to tip, of course, but we're not happy when it's done in this manner. We checked with other establishments, and they explained that some restaurants cleverly disguise tips as "tax".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paraiso Beach Hotel is a well known Corn Island resort, able to accommodate 40 people in 14 rooms, all decorated in traditional Nicaraguan style. They are made to make you feel right at home and all accommodations are about 70 to 120 meters from our beach. All rooms have hot water, AC, TV and super comfrotable beds. Right in front of Paraiso’s beach it’s very good snorkeling, even for beginners. The sunken ships provide shelter for many different species of reef fish. We organize regular snorkeling trips around Corn Island, to Little Corn Island or to the Pearl Keys. Yoga, cardio, fishing, golf cart tours, diving or biking are all options you might want to explore. Our on-site restaurant “The Buccaneer” offers great fresh food and lobster, shrimp or fish are of course a big part of the menu. We are looking forward to welcome you to undiscovered Corn Island! The owners, Mike and Ton ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Paraiso Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso Club Hotel Big Corn Island
- Paraiso Hotel Big Corn Island
- Paraiso Resort Big Corn Island
- Paraiso Beach Hotel Corn Islands, Nicaragua - Big Corn Island