“Refreshing Tiki Hut Style”

Paraiso Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Big Corn Island
Granada, Nicaragua
“Refreshing Tiki Hut Style”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very refreshing, clean, white relaxing sheets and pillow cases on bed! AC and ceiling fan!
Mike, owner, very nice and accomodating along with his front desk administrator, Nadeska.
Their cab driver, Frankie, was at the airport waiting when I arrived. Also offer a tour of the island
for just a little extra which was GREAT! Food was excellent,also. The first evening we had a local
platter of fish, lobster etc! They offered deep sea fishing, snorkeling, etc. The second day we
ate fresh caught fish from the deep sea fishing that day! Very much fun and also relaxing. I'd go back!

Room Tip: The swimming pool was the clear ocean just a quick walk across the drive! No fitness center but ple...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Fantastic location on an idyllic little island. The setting is amazing, and the little beach hut rooms are delightful and cozy. You feel really detached from the outside world, which is rare these days. The owner and staff were incredibly warm and friendly, and did everything to make us feel at home. Definitely recommend arranging a snorkelling trip, as it's a great way to see the island.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and quite basic, which is standard for Big Corn Island.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The beach is a true pearl, the snorkling a big adventure, the service is warm and fast, the food is the best we have tried on the island. We had a cloudy week on the island, but that did not affect our stay. There was a dinner for the enployees one night and we were invited. This is not the kind of hotel where you feel they are after your $$$. What I most enjoyed was the boardgame we played at night in the restaurant. Ask for the hot-dice-bear-game...

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Stefinthehouse
Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I recently stayed three nights at Paraiso. I really liked it. The food is amongst the best of the island, the service was great and the owner was very friendly and helpful. I really felt that they are all a big, warm Paraiso family. The cook is really doing a great job over here. They serve great pastas, fish, chicken, anything actually. I tried something new everyday and none of the dishes disappointed me. The continental breakfast is included in the room rate, but after a few days you might want to try one of the other options to vary a bit. I think they only charge you the difference.
My room was very clean. There was quite some wind at night during my stay, so I didn't even turn on the fan. A room with A/C really wouldn't be necessary at Corn Island, but that might be a personal thing.
Paraiso has direct beach access, so you can enjoy sunset in your 'backyard'. There were children playing baseball at the beach at the end of the day, a beautiful sight. Other beaches (more beautiful ones) are within walking distance.
The restaurant area has a good Wifi connection. I needed it for work, but if you are here on a holiday I would recommend you to enjoy the island and leave the smartphones and laptops in the room... The people of Corn Island are really down to earth and relaxed and I felt safe all the time (female solo traveler). Do some research beforehand, I imagine Corn Island is not for everybody.
Over all I really enjoyed Paraiso and I highly recommend it! Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank brbrs
the burgh
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were at paraiso for 7 nights in early april. We really liked it. granted if you are a rich manhattan house wife and expect to stay at the ritz, go to cancun. if you would enjoy a relaxing vacation off the beaten path with great diving, snorkeling, fishing, cuisine, and ppl, this is a must. I felt safe on the island in general and the resort had walls and security. I read about the rooms being a bit damp but you are on a Caribbean island in Central America, they were no damper than big commerical resort rooms i've had in other caribean destinations. Ton was a great help and all the girls at the bar were quick to steer you in the right direction. They staff are not very talkative unless you initiate the conversation... which is easy to do considering you can buy flor de cana by the 375ml bottle at the bar. when you are ready to venture out ask for Franky if you want to go out "bumbly" (tie on a night of fun) or just drive around the island. he know's everyone. everyone knows him and trusts him. Just ask one of the girls or ton to ring him and you can go out all day or night in his cab. def a good time. there are 2 shipwrecks about 30 yards off the beach fyi.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the joint. we had room 2 and it was closest to the beach and b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ncrbrew
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I, and a few friends, recently stayed at Paraiso for a few days. The beach was beautiful and the scenery was amazing but Paraiso was not so great. We were told that Paraiso would have a taxi waiting for us upon our arrival at Big Corn Island airport, and noone was there to pick us up. So we paid for a taxi to take us to Paraiso, and the lady at the front desk simply said "oh you should not have paid for the taxi". No apology, no offer to reimburse us for the taxi. The rooms were ok for what we paid, but they were not nice by a long shot. The website promised air conditioning, but our room only had a fan. Our room did get cleaned everyday, but our friends did not. In fact, their room was not cleaned or serviced the entire time they were there which was about 6 days. Some of my toiletries disappeared during our stay too, whether they were thrown away by accident by the cleaning staff or they were just taken, I am not sure. The room was in decent shape but could use a makeover and a good helping of disinfectant. The restraunt's food was only ok. By Wednesday, most of the food was gone because their next shipment didn't arrive on time. So really the only thing to eat by then was nachos. The food was inconsistent too.. the amount of food seemed like it was based on how the cook was feeling at the time. One day we ordered pancakes and ice cream and got 2 pancakes and a decent portion of ice cream, the next day ordered the same thing and got 1 pancake and half the amount of ice cream as we previously got (but of course it was the same price). There was also some crazy taxes added onto the meals, which I didn't understand. Something like 10% then on top of that another 15%. The workers at the restraunt were not friendly at all. Really, none of the staff we came in contact with was friendly. They didn't say hello or make small talk.. they just stared at us and made us feel uncomfortable. We will not be returning again to Paraiso or Big Corn Island.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Mis8126
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place is the Paradise no kiddding, is secured, quiete, lovely weather, great food at the Bucanneer (my mom still thinking about the nachos and cheese. I'm coming back as soon as I can. Thank you Mr. Ton.

Room Tip: Cabanas are perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Sunshine Hotel
Sunshine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Paraiso Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!