“Wonderful, relaxing stay like in paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Corn Island
Hospedaje Los Escapados
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We spent 4 nights in this accommodation which is located on the east coast of the island. Our very comfortable tent was in the woods but it only took us about 5 min to the sally beach, which is nice and calm - perfect to relaxe.
The owner Leigh always tries to satisfy his guests. He helped us to find good places to eat, nice beaches and he also gave us some fresh fruits from his garden :) we really enjoyed our stay and we recommend this place to everyone who wants to relaxe and have a good time on big corn island!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank johannaki
Roy771, Owner at Hospedaje Los Escapados, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thank you Johanna. It was just as much a pleasure for me to have you both stay here. As with all my guests so far, you made my job of serving you a pleasant one and I thank you for all your kind words and support. Good luck and maybe we may meet again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I spent a couple of nights on Big Corn Island staying in one of these beautifully built Luxury Safari type tents. They face the ocean so you have the breeze at night, and wake to sunrise.

The beds and pillows are really comfortable. The bathroom and shower also were top quality. The room has a little bar fridge so I bought a few beers/snacks from the nearby store and kept them in there.

Leigh brought us breakfast to our balcony, a combination of fresh fruit from his garden, juice and crepes / pancakes which was all delicious.

With a snorkelling beach right in front, restaurants nearby ( a couple of local eateries and a more touristic place), and the best bed I have slept in on my travels I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We wished we had spent more time on big corn island!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simon L
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Los Escapados was one of my favourite places to stay in all of Nicaragua. The rooms were beautiful, clean and the view to wake up to every morning was spectacular. Plus, Leigh, the owner, was incredibly helpful and friendly. I left after a few days but really wish I could have stayed longer. I could live here. Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Any- they are all amazing with incredible views to the sparkling blue water.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We found Leigh's secret spot on tripadvisor and then bumped into an american couple who had just stayed there and confirmed the reviews.

My boyfriend and I spent two nights in a double bed cabin/ safari tent. We had been camping on Little Corn for three nights and were definitely excited for a proper bed and bathroom. And we chose the perfect place.

Leigh has done a fantastic job. The bathroom is lovely; the bed and pillows are luxurious; and the deck is perfect for a home-cooked breakfast made by your host. Los Escapados is such a relaxing retreat; and the fresh, sea breeze kept us cool the whole time. They even provide their guests with beach umbrellas, towels and chairs to make the most of your island time.

The tents are located in front of the best snorkelling beach on Big Corn, and also walking distance to restaurants and a small convenience store.

It was the best decision we made while visiting the Corn Islands. I wish we could've stayed two more nights. Highly recommend to fellow travellers and we encourage you to split your time between the two islands. Big Corn is just as beautiful as Little Corn with even more character and charm.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabin closest to Leigh's house because I needed a good wifi signal, but if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suyinandrea
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is probably the most unique and comfortable place I stayed in Central America. The beds and bedding are super comfortable. I was in a bunk bed "tent", double bed "tents" are also available.You can see the stars from your "tent" windows and watch the sunrise from bed. The bathroom was so nice I probably spent extra time brushing my teeth just to hang out in it. If I'd known about this place before I would have left Little Corn earlier to hang out here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Talia F
Roy771, Owner at Hospedaje Los Escapados, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you Talia. That is the fastest review I have received after a guest checking out. What a shame you could´nt stay longer. Im very pleased everything was to your liking. There is nothing like a good spacious and clean bathroom and I spent most of my efforts building them. Take care and come back anytime Talia.
P.S., have some korean BBQ for me when you get home.

All the best, Los Escapados

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place is AMAZING...you can see the Caribbean ocean from inside your tent when its all open with just the netting or just chill on your own private deck anytime, it's especially nice when the owner Leigh brings you freshly brewed coffee in the morning....& if you ask you can drink coconut water straight from the tree.
The bed was the most comfy mattress & thick cotton sheets ( that where changed often )that I have slept on the whole time traveling in Nicaragua.
I went there by my self & was treated like a friend, He has dorm beds too so it's not just a couple destination, you can go snorkelling straight off the beach just a minute down the hill or relax at the lovely restaurant there or just take a bottle of rum back & there will always be someone to help you drink it :) Leigh also makes a mean toasty after a bottle of rum...or His "Old mate "Balmy is an awesome chef if you want to bring back some fish or lobster !
I'll be Back when I escape guys !!

Room Tip: they are all good !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Annette C
Roy771, Owner at Hospedaje Los Escapados, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hey Annette,

Thanks for another great review to add to the others. I´m very please that you enjoyed your stay and most important, Barmy and I could provide a friendly and relaxed environment for you. It was great to have you here and appreciate all the long chats. Take care and see you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful relaxing five day stay at Los Escapados. The only regret is that we didn't stay longer! We are always looking for unique and comfortable places to visit and Los Escapados does not disappoint. All of the cabins are custom built by Aussie owner Leigh and we had the pleasure of being the first to stay in the safari cabin at the top of the hill. Our simple and stylish cabin had everything that one could need including bar fridge which proved to be quite handy to store restaurant leftovers and (more importantly) beer. The attached deck was a great spot to enjoy breakfast complete with coffee and freshly squeezed juice, and It proved to be the perfect venue for morning yoga. No need to hang a mosi net above your comfortable king size bed as the cool island breeze keeps all the bugs at bay. We loved waking to the sound of the waves and swaying palms and just a short walk down the hill gets you to the ocean.
Leigh was so lovely and accommodating and he really added to the good times vibe. We had many a good laugh with him over cold Tonas. Did I mention that he is a great baker/dessert maker? Mmm. Custard. If we are lucky enough to make it back to Big Corn again one day we are most definitely coming for another Escapados fiesta!
P.S. Ted says "me likey likey" or "me mucho gusta".

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roy771, Owner at Hospedaje Los Escapados, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hi there guys. You know I could say the same for you both. You made my hotelier experience a really good one and you both brought a lot of laughter to the hotel. I hope I keep receiving fantastic guests like yourselves an you are both very welcome here anytime you pass by. Thanks for all the encouragement as it gives me drive to do better. Take care and see you both soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Corn Island
#2 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Arenas Beach Hotel
Arenas Beach Hotel
#2 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Hospedaje Los Escapados? Share your experiences!