“Gourmet dinner at Coban”
Review of La Abadia

La Abadia
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Coban
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Delicious meal in the center of Coban Guatemala. Small but remarkable good cook. Would recomended it definitely.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Senor Abadia is the host and his Venezuelan wife is the outstanding chef. Senor Abadia, who is fluent in English and French, guided us through the menu and later shared their experiences as restauranteurs in Venezuela before leaving that country's turmoil and coming to Cobán. After enjoying a delicious dinner and conversations with our host, he drove us back to our hotel to save us walking in the dark and rain. What generosity!

1  Thank Donald L
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Upon arriving in Coban after a 6 hour bus ride me and my girlfriend stumbled upon this place. The atmosphere amazed us imediately. Our polite host accommadated our taste and helped translate the items on the menu that we failed to read. The food was amazing and the experience was wonderful. Far better then any dining experience I ever had in the US.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I suffer from many food allergies and living in Guatemala is a nightmare sometimes, but as soon as I tried this restaurant I won't never go anywhere else every time I vist Coban! the food is excellent, best dinner I ever had in 5 years I'm in Guatemala! the lady is super nice and cares a lot about her visitors. I really recomend it, if you go to cCoban you cannot miss this place!!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Oh man... where do I start? This is a MUST visit. The food, the service, the ambiance is amazing.

I have LOVED everything I have eaten there.

The soups- amazing! Try the traditional Argentinian soup. I love the salad with fruit. The spinach ravioli is the best I've had anywhere. I don't even know where to start with desserts- they are all so amazing. I loved the pears with blue cheese and flan.

I wish I could give this place more than 5 stars.