“Calm and peaceful sanctuary with central location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coban
Pension Monja Blanca
Ranked #2 of 20 Coban B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed in a large room with a private bath. The room was beautifully furnished and very cozy. They cleaned it every day and insisted on changing the towels even we told them it is not necessary. The shower was hot and there was plenty of water coming. The garden is nice and peaceful and there are lots of corners where you can just sit and relax. This is perfect place for those looking for peace and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Pension Monja Blanca is immaculately clean and courteous, with a beautiful garden, a great location (close to the center of town but quiet!), and the breakfast room is delightful. We would stay there again if we ever returned to the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I live on a farm outside of Coban, I've been staying at Hotel Monja Blanca for 37 years, and I always stay there when I have to spend the night in Coban. The place is charming, with a beautiful garden with niches with comfortable chairs to sit and read, or talk with friends in the afternoon sunlight. It's only 3 blocks from the park, but unlike the other central hotels it's quiet, since the bedrooms are inset from the street - the place doesn't shake and rattle every time a truck drives by. There's plenty of hot water (unlike some of Coban's other older hotels) and the service is friendly and hospitable. Prices are okay (Q150 single, Q250 double for private bath and Q100 single, Q150 double for general bath), and the breakfasts are okay and inexpensive (Q15 - 30). The rooms are big enough, and have comfortable beds with ample covers, and cable TV.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BobMak
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I found this pension reccommend by travelers in the Lonely Planet forums and was little hesitant when I showed up to a metal wall with built-in door gave the apperance of being seedy but once you walk through the door you are met a much different impression with beautiful garden courtyard and plenty of outdoor seating to relax.

Estelle the manager is a cute little lady who went above and beyond to make sure all our needs were met! She even tooks us for a walk around town at 7pm at night to find some place that sold shampoo and conditioner. At the moment Coban is experiencing little tourism and I really want to get the word out about this place because I feel it should be the place you stay if you find yourself visiting.

Our room was clean and comfortable and breakfest was good too. Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lulu9184
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I stayed here because I was told that I HAD to see Coban on my Guatemala trip... The Monja Blanca was great, but I wish I would have stayed in Lanquin instead. This place was immaculate and very quiet, which was great because I stayed the night before & after taking the day-long tour of the caves/semuc champey. This place had the absolute best shower of my entire stay in Guatemala (which says something!). SUPER hot water and wonderful pressure- absolutely amazing after 5 weeks of drippy, cold showers found throughout the region! I was a solo female traveler and felt very safe and comfortable here. I had a wonderful breakfast the morning I left and was not disappointed. The rate was a little high, but not bad (100Q per night for a single room with two double beds). I would recommend this place, but suggest you head to Lanquin instead.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank hippiechic683
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Being on our honeymoon in guatemala we were totally the wrong clientele for this hotel which was booked for us by a travel agency in antigua. If you are single traveller or on a tight budget this place is absolutely fine. We stayed on new year's eve and were the only ones staying there in a twin room! The price of the room included breakfast, however as the 1st jan is public holiday we were asked if we would need breakfast as they would like to give the girls the day off. We said no problem and that we would get breakfast in town before leaving. Little did we know that coban would be a ghost town and nowhere would be open for breakfast. On returning after our search for breakfast I told the lady everywhere was closed. My comment was ignored and we weren't even offered a coffee. The bathroom also had a weird smell, although the rooms were clean as were the bed sheets. If you're a couple looking for a romantic get away then avoid! I think there are also nicer places in town in the same price range.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank SnraSimmo
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We (3 female 20somethings) stayed here for a two nights while moving between volunteer positions in different parts of the country. This hotel was EXACTLY what we wanted--nice clean rooms, hot shower, really friendly feel, and easy on the wallet. The place is beautiful, with great gardens in the middle and lots of pretty places to sit and read/work/whatever. It's also located pretty well, only a few blocks from the main square. Estella, who runs the place with her sister, was incredibly friendly and helpful, and obviously takes pride in her business. This is an awesome choice, especially for the price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends