“Nice place.”

Bruno's Hotel and Marina
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fronteras
Bruno's Hotel and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fronteras
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at Bruno's for a couple of nights in January. Rooms are decent and clean, location is great and the price Q200 is right.
It is convenient to have a restaurant on premises which is opened all day. Food was very good.
The owner is hands on and being able to talk to expat sailors and hear some of their amazing stories was an added bonus.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Do Not spend your money here. We arrived in Rio Dulce and on guidebook recommendations had a late lunch here. We decided to get a room for one night because we were heading to Livingston the next day. Room was ok. Not great. After checking in and unpacking started noticing some maintenance issues with the room and discovered that the maintenance guy had taken off at 1530. Not pleased. We had a quick late dinner in the bar. A lot of cruisers (yachters) here. Service was surly. Anytime we ordered she would act like she didnt understand, either in spanish or english. Then go up to the bar and put her head down. Impossible to get another drink or ask where our food was. The best part was when we went to go to sleep. The deadbolt would not latch and i noticed the door lock didnt work.

Maybe I should have noticed something was wrong with this place when none of the second floor rooms were available. Like they didn't have doors....

The next morning we went to Hotel Vista Rio for breakfast and stayed for 3 nights. Great place

Room Tip: Don't waste your money
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sully738
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I arrived on the Rio Dulce on June 15, 2013. Last month I stayed at Bruno's for 5 days while I was having work done on my boat. I stayed in room 14 which was on the third floor. The room was basic but very clean. It had two queen beds, air conditioner, ceiling fan and a portable fan which made the room very comfortable. Bruno's has a great location because you are on the river but in town. Unlike most hotels where you need a boat to get to town or leave the premises. The downside is that you do get truck noise from the bridge over the river but with the air conditioner and ceiling fan going it covers most of the traffic noise.

Bruno's has a extensive menu and the food is good. Plentiful portions and reasonably priced. You will not find a better happy hour on the Rio than at Bruno's. 4 pm to 7 pm everyday. If you need anything special just talk to Jane the manager. She is down every morning and afternoons when she is not working in the office. She is a very nice person and a good resource. Thank you Jane. We will miss you.

I would definitely stay there again and someday I will visit Bruno's again. John & Diane

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and enjoyed the restaurant/bar as the rains fell. The retirees living on their sailboats at the marina are a hoot. My husband and I enjoyed our room with a porch hammock and the live music at the bar.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at Bruno's for 1 night while passing through on my way to Livingston. I missed the last boat and just got a dorm to pass the night. The dorm room was dank, dingy, depressing - looked like a summer camp long forgotten. The bathroom was disgusting. I got bit up like crazy in the bed - I can't say for sure what the bugs were because I didn't see one, but the bites were in clusters and I woke just before dawn mad itchy.

The service came with an unpleasant attitude, the menu was unexciting, the beer was averagely-priced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Bruno's hotel & Marina is the best deal on the Rio Dulce for your stay whether it's in your vessel or a nights stay in their Marina it is close to all your needs and the people are the best, like family they will make you feel like your at home.And prices are great.

Room Tip: room # 6 is close to all and down stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I think this hotel is a good option if you HAVE to spend a night in Rio Dulce, I'm sure there are better hotels nearby, I stayed here because I arrived too late (at night) in Rio Dulce and I couldn't go to my original hotel. Bruno is under the main bridge in Rio Dulce, so the location is really nice but unfortunately it is kind of dirty and the service is not the best, the staff can be a little bit rude and the price I believe is overpriced... It can be a bit noisy since it is close to some bars and restaurants that have party almost every night (specially at weekends). The food is fine, not that bad not that wow...

Room Tip: Get the rooms closer to the river so you can avoid a bit the noise outside
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fronteras
Hotel Finca Tatin
Hotel Mansion del Rio
Catamaran Island Hotel
Catamaran Island Hotel
#5 of 8 in Livingston

Been to Bruno's Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!