“Fantastic location/unique experience”

Art's Riverview Jungle Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Takua Pa B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at arts for 2 nights as part of a pre-arranged tour and loved it. What a fantastic little jem hidden away in the most beautiful surroundings.
A little off the beaten track, but perfectly secluded and just what we needed to get away from it all.
The accommodation was basic, but clean. Electric fans in the rooms were the saving grace of the night as it got quite warm and stuffy. The bathroom was fab! an outdoorsy experience, with a (cold, but refreshing) waterfall style shower.
The walkways and surroundings are well kept and well lit on an evening. The main reception area and restaurant is well kitted out with a variety of seating, a well stocked bar and good food. Laundry facitlities and excursions can be arranged from the reception - we made the most of the opportunity and went tubing down the river, which was fab!
An amazing location, just wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leah L
There are newer reviews for Art's Riverview Jungle Lodge

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in a river view family tree house for one night. Had two double beds with mosquito nets and an outdoor bathroom with toilet, sink and cold shower. The mattresses were quite hard so we didn't get a great nights sleep but the rooms do have electricity and fans so as long as you keep your expectations realistic, the good will outweigh the bad. Saw plenty of wildlife including a small group of long tail macaques that came up to our veranda looking for food. The hotel restaurant was simple but the food was good with plenty of choice. Staff are very helpful and accomodating. My kids loved the swimming hole with the rope for swinging into the river. Mosquitoes near the river were bothersome so you need to either use repellent or cover up. Fantastic experience of living in a jungle setting but personally 1 or 2 nights is enough. We took the lake tour overnight which was brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank YankeeMama_27
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My brother and I stayed at Art's during our annual adventure trip. Art's location in that area is perfect. When you drive in to the area with all the lodges you need to go all the way to the end of a long road and that's where Art's is located, right next to a beautiful river and limestone cliffs. Art's has the best location in that area by far in terms of being beautiful and secluded. The only downside of the location is that it is away from the other lodges and there was not much of a social atmosphere. We hardly saw other travelers at Art's and there was no night life. In contrast, the other lodges (at the beginning of the long dirt road) had much larger main lodge areas and some of these were facing each other. But if you want seclusion Art's is great.
The main lodge is very unique with most of the furniture made from local trees or river rocks. The Thai Food was excellent as was the service. The staff are friendly and cater to your needs. The tree house room was spartan but quite picturesque. We did see wild monkeys and bats outside but had no run-ins with any wild life.

Room Tip: If you have more than one group there are treehouses connected by elevated walkways.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are very glad we experienced nature this way.
Beautiful surroundings, we stayed 2 nights but one night would have been enough...ants, spiders, bats, monkeys, mice...they all came for a visit. The room is very basic. The food in the restaurant was fantastic, also the view there amazing, here you will find rest. Everybody is very friendly and oh so relaxed. It's an adventure to stay here that's a fact!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This lodge is a very nice opportunity to get a flavour of staying in the jungle.
Although evrything is quite basic, you still have all elementary comfort and you are not far from civilization at all. The outdoor bathroom (only cold water) is a splendid idea.
The restaurant is quite good.
Just don't be surprised to find some monkeys blocking the path back to your hut.
But the best part is the rope hanging over the river. The kids spent hours jumping and swinging like Tarzan.
The adjacent natural park is really worth visiting. Just don't stay too long; after 3 days, you've seen it.
Die-hard adventurers will find this lodge is rather for softies; germ freaks will live a nightmare. But if you or your kids are open for some 'adventure': GO!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank folker_lamote
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at Art's River Lodge in Nov . Had no trouble booking a tree house, a little more in price, than other nearbys; However, the place is quite nice and scenic. No hot showers, but really not needed. When I arrived I was walking to treehouse, I was swarmed by no less than 15 primates, whom kept trying to get into my camera bag. So beware, to lock your room, which while using the toliet 2 monkey's got into my room, which led to almost an attack upon myself.
As for the staff, they could be a little more friendlier. Food is good and cheap. Tree houses are so cool. Go tubing, very relaxing, and scenic. But also beware of bubble fish, I do not know what they look like, but I can tell you what they bite like. If tubing be sure to constantly move limbs, otherwise be ready for good bite from their teeth. Will return this year for another stay

Room Tip: Tree Houses on river front very enchanting, like out of a story book
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jtimadkins
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here for one night in May 2012 in a bungalow on the river during low season, and woke up to 5+ monkeys pounding loudly on the bungalow doors (which, like the windows, were deadbolted since the first thing they told me when I checked in was that if I was attacked by monkey I needed to go to the office right away) and two INSIDE my bungalow. One of them proceeded to play with the wooden ring that the mosquito net was hanging from, it was SCARY. Given that everything was deadbolted and there was almost no one else staying at the lodge, I just stayed curled up in bed with pillows over my body until the monkeys left the bungalow.

When I told the lodge staff, they were at first skeptical that monkeys could've gotten in even though I emphasized that I had locked EVERYTHING (therefore there was definitely some hole in the construction of the bungalow) and then coolly informed me that I should just throw some rocks at the monkeys to get them to go away.

Me, a 5 foot tiny Asian girl versus 7+ rabid, starving monkeys? No thanks.

Combined with the constant rain (it was wet season), giant mosquitos that wouldn't stop sucking my blood even if I hit them, and power outages - it was the last straw and I hightailed my way out of there on the next bus to Bottle Beach on Koh Phangan, where I thankfully was able to recover and relax and start to enjoy my vacation again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
#3 of 10 in Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok Riverside Cottages
Khao Sok Riverside Cottages
#5 of 21 in Khao Sok National Park

Been to Art's Riverview Jungle Lodge? Share your experiences!