Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews the river khao soi an amazing experience lake trip stayed here for nights tour guide thai dishes monkeys wildlife nature huts lover pim itinerary massage
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are very glad we experienced nature this way.
Beautiful surroundings, we stayed 2 nights but one night would have been enough...ants, spiders, bats, monkeys, mice...they all came for a visit. The room is very basic. The food in the restaurant was fantastic, also the view there amazing, here you will find rest. Everybody is very friendly and oh so relaxed. It's an adventure to stay here that's a fact!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This lodge is a very nice opportunity to get a flavour of staying in the jungle.
Although evrything is quite basic, you still have all elementary comfort and you are not far from civilization at all. The outdoor bathroom (only cold water) is a splendid idea.
The restaurant is quite good.
Just don't be surprised to find some monkeys blocking the path back to your hut.
But the best part is the rope hanging over the river. The kids spent hours jumping and swinging like Tarzan.
The adjacent natural park is really worth visiting. Just don't stay too long; after 3 days, you've seen it.
Die-hard adventurers will find this lodge is rather for softies; germ freaks will live a nightmare. But if you or your kids are open for some 'adventure': GO!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank folker_lamote
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at Art's River Lodge in Nov . Had no trouble booking a tree house, a little more in price, than other nearbys; However, the place is quite nice and scenic. No hot showers, but really not needed. When I arrived I was walking to treehouse, I was swarmed by no less than 15 primates, whom kept trying to get into my camera bag. So beware, to lock your room, which while using the toliet 2 monkey's got into my room, which led to almost an attack upon myself.
As for the staff, they could be a little more friendlier. Food is good and cheap. Tree houses are so cool. Go tubing, very relaxing, and scenic. But also beware of bubble fish, I do not know what they look like, but I can tell you what they bite like. If tubing be sure to constantly move limbs, otherwise be ready for good bite from their teeth. Will return this year for another stay

Room tip: Tree Houses on river front very enchanting, like out of a story book
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank jtimadkins
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night in May 2012 in a bungalow on the river during low season, and woke up to 5+ monkeys pounding loudly on the bungalow doors (which, like the windows, were deadbolted since the first thing they told me when I checked in was that if I was attacked by monkey I needed to go to the office right away) and two INSIDE my bungalow. One of them proceeded to play with the wooden ring that the mosquito net was hanging from, it was SCARY. Given that everything was deadbolted and there was almost no one else staying at the lodge, I just stayed curled up in bed with pillows over my body until the monkeys left the bungalow.

When I told the lodge staff, they were at first skeptical that monkeys could've gotten in even though I emphasized that I had locked EVERYTHING (therefore there was definitely some hole in the construction of the bungalow) and then coolly informed me that I should just throw some rocks at the monkeys to get them to go away.

Me, a 5 foot tiny Asian girl versus 7+ rabid, starving monkeys? No thanks.

Combined with the constant rain (it was wet season), giant mosquitos that wouldn't stop sucking my blood even if I hit them, and power outages - it was the last straw and I hightailed my way out of there on the next bus to Bottle Beach on Koh Phangan, where I thankfully was able to recover and relax and start to enjoy my vacation again.

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Intransitive
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had pre-booked our 3 days with Art's and were met at Surat Thani by our wonderful guide Chai. One trip they offer is an overnight stay on the nearby lake in floating cabins and this was where we headed straight away. The long boat journey across the lake was spectacular and gave us some incredible views. The cabins themselves were really sweet, just a bedroom but plenty of room and electricity via generator for a few hours at night. The bathrooms were communal but were clean and practical. The food here was amazing, the portions were huge and they were happy to give you more, not that we ever needed it! If you do this trip then have the banana pancake for breakfast, it was fantastic. Whilst here we had time to swim and kayak in the lake and also had a short trek and bamboo boat ride to some caves which were beautiful. We also had an early morning monkey spotting trip - unfortunately we didn't see any but another boat did so they do exist!
One night here is all you need and after this our guide took us to Art's. We found our room here very comfortable and a great size, although the real selling point was the veranda that overlooked the river and gave us great views of the monkeys! On our first afternoon we went elephant trekking which was great fun, we were taken here by our guide and he waited until we were finished then took us to a local waterfall on our way back. We had a trek planned for the next day which our guide took us on, it was about 10k and over varied terrain but definitely worth the tricky bits for the amazing sights we saw!
The food here was lovely and really cheap. We spent about £30 on food and drink which included two dinners, a few snacks, and quite a few Singhas - breakfast was included in our stay.
The weather wasn't the best while we were here but it didn't ruin anything. We were still able to do everything we wanted and the setting was so beautiful it was impossible to be frustrated by it - even when the rain meant our electricity was off for a few hours!
The staff here we all really friendly and have excellent English. A trip to this part of Thailand is an absolute must and we would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: May 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C