“Great food, even better experience”
Review of Ka Jok See

Ka Jok See
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Takua Pa
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food, even better experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is the place to go in Phuket. They serve great food and great drinks in a tastefully decorated house. The experience tops everything as the staff participates in a form of entertainment. It basically feels like a party at someones house and everyone participates and have fun. It is however rather hard to get a table here. If you do succeed, be prepared for an all-nighter.

• Visited July 2013

Perth
“4th time and better than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I remember when I first visited Ka Jok See about 7 years ago and thought to myself this is the best night I've ever had in Thailand. Although back then the food was toned down and catered for the Western crowd. 7 years on and it's still the best night you could have in Phuket, but the food has improved out of this world.

Ka Jok See is not the place to go if you want a quiet romantic night with your partner. If you want good food and lot's of fun then you MUST go to this hidden gem.

I don't want to give to much away as it will spoil it but go with the flow of the evening and you won't be disappointed.

Some of the reviews have really been critical of the rudeness when booking. I've never had this problem and to be honest when you are as successful as this restaurant (I think it's only open Friday's and Saturday's) then you can, to a degree, choose the crowd you want. Some call it arrogance, I call it success.

The owner has created and maintained a fantastic business that has stood the test of time. It's not cheap by Thai standards (about 3000-3500 THB per head, depending on how much you drink). The owner even made the effort to get some food the wasn't on the menu from the market and serve it to our table. Fantastic service!!!!

Get a few friends together and hit up Ka Jok See and you won't be disappointed. Book in advance as it's a small venue and if you don't book you will be lucky to get in.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank UpInTheAir_10
“Best night out in Asia”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Go with an open mind, go with the flow, eat enough food to soak up at least some of the alcohol you'll imbibe and most of all ENJOY!!! Khun Lek the owner is one of the classiest guys I know and DJ's all night reading the crowd like a book. I swore I wouldn't dance and ended up on a table whooping it up with the best of them. The maître D is handsome and charming and if he honours you with a dance consider yourself 'in'. Khun Lek I salute you.

2 Thank Littlelix
Melbourne, Australia
“no manners at this restaurant”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

too words!! AWFUL SERVICE. I made a reservation at this restaurant to then I asked him where it was then he asked me when I come from.which i told him then he automatically said no we wont take you!! judgmental much!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank lina l
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Last night my boyfriend and I had a marvellous time! We arrived a little too early but that was alright. We were seated at a table just by the dance floor and we were offered a special Ka Jok See mojito! These were coming around in shot form throughout the night and they were just so yummy! The food was alright. It's not the best on the island but you don't go there for the food. We asked to be surprised with the food, but some of the dishes the other tables had ordered looked yummy! Next time we will try ordering for ourselves. The dancing started very early with old classic songs which are still very much a hit today. However, with inspection I the crowd, the music changed to more upbeat and current songs which made everyone go crazy! The dancing was going on for hours before people started leaving. The 3 singers were fantastic and all very beautiful! There was a lot of fun and games! We would highly recommend going to Ka Jok See if you're in Phuket. Forget the beach restaurants. Here you have a wild time which you'll never forget! We shall be back very soon!!