The hotel itself is nicely designed.
There are three pool areas.
Lots of sunbeds.
Beach is nice for sitting, but the water does not look clear. But that's just Pattaya.
Room is comfortable. Nice bathroom. Hot water not 100% reliable. Sometimes very little pressure.
Decent TV with lots of channels.
Wifi costs extra. I know a lot of hotels still do that, but I think increasingly that has got to end. It's now so universal for people to use wifi that more and more hotels are including in the cost.
We came with an extra child, and whilst there was no charge for them to stay in our room, the hotel asked for 800 Baht for the breakfast. I did think that was a bit excessive.
The hotel is quite a way out of town, and there aren't all that many restaurants around. The hotel is set a long way back from the main road, so you'd have quite a long walk. We had a car, so it was not a problem at all.
It is worth noting that while the hotel is potentially quite luxurious, it obviously offers highly discounted rates to overseas tourist groups, almost exclusively Russian.
This makes the whole experience feel more like a Spanish tourist resort than a luxury Thailand Spa Resort, which is rather a pity.
A good example is breakfast. I have never in my life seen people heap so much on their plates. There were signs up saying that food could not be taken out of the restaurant, but nevertheless I saw a number of people packing food into their bags. It was all quite offputting. The breakfast was actually quite good. But for example, when some rather nice Brie cheese turned up, it was snatched up by the kilo in seconds. I'm sure it must be extraordinarily difficult for a hotel to serve a decent, quality breakfast under these conditions.
The staff were all friendly and good, but one got the real sense that they were not happy working with the rather dour and unfriendly guests.
This was certainly not a bad hotel, or a bad trip, but I have to say I don't think I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa is a 5-Star luxurious beach-front resort located on Na Jomtien Beach just 15 minute's drive from Pattaya City. A palm oasis and an ideal location to unwind and relax in picturesque and tranquil surroundings, Ravindra Resort has one hundred meters of uninterrupted beachfront access to a clean, sandy beach. Ravindra features contemporary Thai style low-rise accommodation with private balconies offering either a poolside, garden or sea view, and private pool villas surrounded by tropical gardens. World class facilities include a stunning beach-front infinity pool, 2 interconnected lagoon pools, a Fitness Centre, Spa, Kid's Club, Internet room, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravindra Beach Resort And Spa
- Ravindra Beach Hotel Jomtien Beach