“Great Family and Couples Resort”

Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Sattahip
Reviewed May 2, 2012

From getting out of the Taxi being greeted by Wichien to checking out this was a great vacation. My wife and I stayed at this Resort from April 1 to April 26 this year. I read some earlier reviews that stated there was no help regarding booking tours. I can tell you they have already fixed that issue. Pensupang and Paweechaya are there to help. All you have to do is ask and those two set you up with no hassle at all. Every place there is outstanding. The service at the Coffee shop with Anny, Jittra and Sudjai is great. Adi was outstanding but we are still unsure of what he does there. It seems Adi is everywhere from waiter to room service to helping you surprise your wife with a candle lit dinner on your terrace. I have to mention Udon regarding the candle lit dinner because he ensured the wine was sent to the room. He can be found at the Beach side restaurant and made dinning there a pleasure. The pool bar is outstanding and the best place to get a mixed drink made. Anon, Orange, Sombat, and Dechdanai are locked on and give great service. I am sorry to hear Johny (Sarunyoo) left the resort he was a great bar tender. Sombat makes the best Dirty Martini this side of the pond. I can say my wife and I will be back and we will stay at this Resort again. I see Ravindra answers pretty much all posts so give our best to everyone. They do an outstanding job.

I should note that this is a little far from Pattaya were all the action is at. My wife and I wanted to be away from it so that was great for us. They do have a shuttle bus that goes there every couple of hours. So shopping is easy to do but if you want night life this is not the hotel for you. This is a Resort for families and couples who want a romantic and relaxing vacation. We did stay a couple of days at the Hilton in Pattaya for the Water Festival and as nice as the Hilton was my wife and I both loved the Ravindra much better.

Room Tip: To be honest I did not see a bad place to have a room there. They pretty much all have a pool view...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Wattsburg0,

First of all, let me take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful review and compliments. Your review is truly very special to us, especially, knowing the long-lasting fond memories you have for Ravindra Beach Resort Pattaya and our team. I will surely share your review with my team and I am certain you will cheer their day.

Should you have any plans of returning to Ravindra Beach Resort Pattaya in the future, please feel free to contact myself and I will be pleased to assist with your accommodation arrangements.

Sunny regards from Pattaya,

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stay in Bangkok and had relatives visiting from our home country. Nearest beach? Pattaya. The family-oriented part of Pattaya - Jomtiem Beach. After scouring the net, I settled on Ravindra. A bit expensive, but I felt we deserved a good holiday.

The hotel is marvelous, although it is not situated on the main, and more popular, stretch of the Jomtien beach - it is a few more kilometers up, after the Ambassador Hotel. The staff gave us a warm welcome and were efficient with the checking in. Great rooms. Very interesting bathroom - it has huge wooden windows next to the bathtub that open into the room. Which meant I could sit in the bath and watch TV!

We got ground floor rooms. The rear of the rooms had French windows that opened onto the pool. Great for lazy holidays. There are two fairly large free-form pools onto which all the rooms look. Further into the hotel compound area is a rectangular lap pool, with a baby pool. Walk on further and you're at the private beach. Fantastic design, the whole hotel, and very soothing.

The only thing about the beach was that there was hardly any breeze at all whenever I went out there, whereas at the main Jomtien beach, every time we went there, there was a super breeze. Very strange! Didn't look like Ravindra's was a sheltered beach. Maybe just my timing.

Also, since this is a private beach, you don't get those beach hawkers that come around incessantly peddling fried shrimps, quails' eggs, chicken, etc. But I like those things - had to go to the main Jomtien beach to get my fix.

The breakfast buffet - comes with the room - is great. They don't stinge.

Word of advice. Rent a car or a bike from town. But you could also ask the hotel to book you a cab whenever you need one. Or you could take the hotel shuttle into town, for a per-pax fee; which I think is ridiculous, considering how much we're already paying for the rooms.

Another small thing: in my cousin's room, he apparently found rows of ants later in the night. He complained, but they didn't change his room, just brought in some pesticide and swiped the ants away. He didn't have the energy to demand a change. But back in our home country, a room change would have been automatic.

All in all, it's a great hotel to pamper yourself in. I'm probably going to make it my regular family hideaway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear “Thypon”,

We thank you for your kindness in given us some commented we are really appreciated that. We are delighted that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us except a few " Hiccups" matter regarding the ants in your cousin's room, in which on a normal circumstances we would changed the room automatically here as well.

But due to a high occupancy with our room are fully booked and we have tried our best to give you the best solution which is to use by means of chemical to get rid of that ants and it is our fault with the communication breakdown that we should have inform you that our room were fully booked.

We are sincerely hope that you would accepted our apologize and should you visited us again, I will personally handle this situation when you are checking in.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Rooms and Pools and all the hotel area was very nice. The location on the other hand was a complet mess. To Pattaya you must take a taxi which is scheduled only 4 times a day and costs you 40 Baht per drive.
Then when you leave the hotel area on your own, the only thing you can go to is a super mini market to buy some water or some sweets. The rest is only like a highway where you definately can't walk. On the sea side, you have the problem that all round the clean hotel beach of Ravindra there is only a very dirty beach stripe where dead fish, sea dirt and waste is lying.
Despite of all these problems, the staff is not very kind. Most of them only speak a few words English and the communication is very difficult.
All in all, we had a nice hotel, but we went every day to Pattaya or other places at least for having dinner oder lunch.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stef518
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Dear Stef 518,

Warm greetings from Ravindra, Pattaya Thailand .

Thank you for your valuable commented and may I take this opportunity to clarified a few points regarding a few "Hic ups". Regarding the beach, we have a daily program with certain time that will clean up the beach in which the day that you saw was just a little earlier according to our clean up program. And at the moment we have an on going process of the English training program for the new recruit in which many of our staff is freshly new from the recent graduated.

Dear Stef 518 , thank you for staying should there be anything else that I can be of an assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With best regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The hotel looks wonderful, the rooms are large and pretty, a large sortiment of food, nice pool and wonderful beach. There are two impediments:
1. One is the location, the hotel is far from the city center;
2. The other one is that the evenings are very quiet, there is not nothing for night life.

Overall, the hotel is perfect for a relaxing holiday for a family with children.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Lucian M
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Dear Lucian M,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments and opinions on our hotel on this platform. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have spent 10days in November 11 in your hotel. We were very satisfied. Pattaya area is not a best place to spent a vacation, but thanks your hotel it was pleasant time for us...best regards to your employee Amp!...

Milan&Dana

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank milan K
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear milan K,

It is so nice to read your kind comments which come as a great moral support to all of us, knowing we have done the job right !
Thank you especially for your kind words about Amp!, your comments have been passed on and will certainly encourage her to maintain their high standard of service.

We look forward to welcome you back to Ravindra Beach Resort Pattaya in a not too distant future.

Have a great day.

Very sincerely,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you can't fly to the province of Crabi, the Phuket or other islands, bit have not choice but to go to Pattaya, it is better to stay out of the noisy, crowd, smelly city of Pattaya and prefer a hotel to the south of Pattay.
Ravindra has a big advantage - it is new. Unlike many other hotels it is fresh and pleasant to stay at.
Ground floor rooms have patios that are hidden from the walking way and pools by bushes and separated from them by a waterway. Though this waterway hides to most unpleasant minuses of the hotel - frogs and mosquitoes. And if frogs just accompany your night dreams with a mild croaks, mosquitoes will make your stay intolerable without huge amounts of repellents.
The beach is clean, but water is not clear due to sand agitated by tides. There are shady palms and umbrellas and enough lounges.
Food is just good for this level of hotels, but you should expect higher prices for the same quality you get in the city of Pattaya or in some nearby outlets. It is still cheaper than in Europe.
There is always something to visit in Thailand, so plan to spend half of the day in tours to the nearby places of interest.
Rooms are fresh and clean but don't expect impeccable services. It is not a 5 star hotel, after all.
We staid about 5 or 6 days there with a couple of friends and then decided to move to the province of Crabi that we liked much more.
One of the reason we didn't want to stay there is the huge number or Russian and Ukrainian tourists who were quite noisy.
Though we enjoyed several tours and one evening visit to Pattaya (that was enough for us).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joseph_ko

Dear Joseph_ko,

Thank you for taking the time to comment to our Trip Advisor. We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.
Regarding your comments we will be looking into some of the matters you raised.
As with any resort in Thailand, I would always encourage the use of insect repellent however we do fog the resort regularly. As it's the rainy season, it might be the reason that there were more about during your visit.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Beautiful hotel, not the cheapest, but like in paradise. The style of the hotel was breathtaking
to me, anywhere I looked. The superior room was big and elegant, with a big balcony, good wiew. (pools and the end of the pools, palm trees and beach) We loved the garden with a lot of frangipani flowers-I love the scent, and they are so nice too. If you like flowers, you will really enjoy your stay at the resort. The private beach was clean, there are sun beds with umbrellas. If you like walk, 15 min, and you will find the local "restaurants" on the beach, cheap food , and plastic chairs. So at Ravindra the food was not cheap, but the best ever, heavenly breakfast, and cool drinks at the bar. The resort is a little far away from the city, but the hotel operates a shuttle service (80THB per route) to the center maybe 4 times a day...but beware from the taxi maffia, high prices for a 10 min.drive. There are internet sevice in the main entrance area, 30min/50 THB. Only one thing does not fit into the picture: the staff. A little bit disappointing, that the most of the staff on the recepcion are not too helpfully and smiling, but the the cleaning lady, and the trainer guy at the gym, they are nice!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank umeshot
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Dear umeshot,

Greeting from Ravindra Pattaya!

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on Tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at the Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa Pattaya

We are happy to read that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us. With reference to your comment on the service which you mentioned at reception has been addressed and we are in the process of positioning more-qualified associates at our front gate to be able to politely and effectively handle the requests of our visitors. Your sense of frustration is understandable, the free internet facilities, we would like to inform that this project is currently under discussion and hopefully that we could in the near future finalize the matter which will prompt the implementation soon. In the mean time, you may contact our reception for WiFi internet with reasonable price.

If you have further suggestions as to how we may be able to improve our offer I would be very pleased to hear your comments.

We truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Yours sincerely,

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sattahip
Ambassador City Jomtien
Ocean Marina Yacht Club Hotel
Botany Beach Resort
Botany Beach Resort
#4 of 24 in Sattahip

Been to Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!