“Nice hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Sattahip
Donetsk, Ukraine
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. I have been to Thailand many times and this is definitely one of my favourite hotels (In Pattaya). The beach is great with alot of sunbeds, the pool is also outstanding always clean and tidy. I only ate at the shack on the beach, super cheap and taste is simply AMAZING!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Mariya B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Kiev
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel.

The only downside was checking in because we arrived arround 10:30 AM super tired from flight from Kiev, Ukraine and had to wait few hours to get our room. Other then that the staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. I really have no complaints, would return again.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask i can provide a lot of informaiton if needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anton M
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The hotel's territory is a nice tropical garden. Cannot say about main building or bungalows, but villas were new, clean and comfortable, surrounded by blossoming trees. The hotel has two pools, beach was clean and sunbeds were comfortable. As the hotel is located far from Pattaya city beach which is overcrowded and with dirty water, ocean near hotal is rather clean and the hotel has private beach. Thai massage directly on the beach was geat!.
Despite the hotel is far from Pattaya city center and Walking street, it doesn't take a long time to get there. We used tuk-tuks to drive to Walking street. The price is 30 Baht (1 USD), 20 for a white tuk-tuk (from hotel to South street) and 10 for a blue one (South street to Walking street)
Breakfasts were good, but for lunch and dinner we'd rather recommend seafood restaurants on Walking street. J'Noy was our favorite with great selection of fresh seafood and reasonable prices, but all other restaurants we tried were good enough.
If I ever deside to return to Pattaya, I'll choose Botany beach

Room Tip: Villas are new and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank JulKiev
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I stayed in a semi-detached bungalow here....rooms in the main block might be better.

We travelled down from Bangkok and managed to miss the turning into the resort, even though we saw it from the other side of the road before doing the U turn - there isn't a sign at low level, only the big sign stuck up in the air.

Check- in was reasonably smooth although slightly confusing. Instead of one member of staff taking control, there seemed to be several involved. Such that, I can remember being asked about if I wanted a safe deposit box but never got anything to do with one.

Anyway a man grabbed the bags ushered us at a pace along a long corridor of the main building, out the other end and over to one of the bungalows. First impressions were mmmm, tired looking! A wooden beam that used to be insitu wasn't. Anyway the door was opened the man rushed inside to the the other side of the room, turned on the aircon and started doing things in the bathroom. Fine, except he'd walked right over some saw dust, nails and a piece of wood that someone had left, presumably from carrying out some repairs. Once it was pointed out, quick as a flash it was cleared up, but not a good start.

The room itself was ok but tired looking. One thing though that should be mentioned is there is an interconnecting door between the bungalows. This results in the sound-proofing being compromised. We were lucky in that the other side of the bungalow was occupied for only one night - we did seriously think about asking for another room. The bathroom was dark, location (trees overhead) and lack of focused lighting generally not helping.The water temperature control was a total farce. I suspect it is fed from a single source. I normally just like a modicum of warm water from a shower. Here it was either very hot or cold. If you managed to get it just warm it would disappear very quickly going cold again, until you juggled the lever on the shower. Not good! The aircon was a very antquated unit that should have been consigned to the scrap heap years ago. Fairly noisey. Others around were the same. And of course you need aircon to keep cool, even overnight. I did sleep but not as well as might be expected from a location away from the main road etc. The bed was fine with lots of pillows. The minibar was reasonably priced for a change but the small TV above it was showing its age. Colours were off etc. It did work though. I did try using the WiFi from the bungalow but although I could pick up the nearest WiFi router, the signal strength was zero. I had to go to the main building to use it.

Outside: The pool is very good and well maintained. A short walk from the pool towards the beach has you going past the massage area. Onto the beach, again a very clean and well kept beach area - with showers. Towels are provided as are sunloungers etc. Nice walk along the sandy beach. The resort is overlooked by the Ocean View complex next door.

Breakfast was a buffet affair. Reasonable and the staff seemed to cope fairly well with demands, although seating nearly became an issue as it started raining making a fair number of tables unusable. Eating at lunch time was fine but staff shouldn't be found laid out on chairs, even if they have no one to serve.

It takes about 30 mins to get into Pattaya (beach area) via the paid for shuttle bus. 240 bahts reurn for two.

A word of warning, I saw lots of people showing signs of severe sunburn. Indeed, I'm not a sun lover myself but decided to stretch out on a sunlonger under the shade of two palm trees and a parasol by the pool. Big mistake. I ended up very badly sunburnt (chest and legs) having dosed off. No doubt, the water was reflecting the sun onto me. I was nearly a hospital job! 7 days later, things are improving but it ruined the break. The sun is very strong in June and indeed you find the beach area empties for a good number of hours due to the heat.

Would I go again.... for the location.... Yes The service etc...maybe not!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple