“Good to Go”

Gulf Charters Sailing Thailand
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in the 2001, Gulf Charters is the most experienced yachting company in the Gulf of Thailand, weather you’re looking to learn to sail, charter a yacht, buy or sell a yacht or just looking for in on cruising here in the Gulf, we’re happy to help.Our Sailing school operates year round from our base in Ocean Marina Pattaya.Our charter yachts operation in Koh Chang from Oct thru May and Koh Samui June thru Sept.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good to Go”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Zero to Hero course excellent. Good content and application across the spectrum. Safety, Sailing, Seamanship and all the required coursework (charting, regulations etc.). Nice team of folks who are passionate about sailing and the sea. I highly recommend Gulf Charters and the G.C. Team to get where you want to be.. zero to hero or a charter experience. Thanks Ron for the very positive experience !!!!

Visited December 2013

Mantua, Italy
“noleggio catamarano con skipper”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I write on behalf of all the participants because we would like to thank Gulf Charters for the wonderful holiday spent on the Gulf Charter’s catamaran from the 21st till the 30th of October 2013.
The catamaran requires good maintenance as it was not the greatest but at least the skipper "Scott" is the best we have had in several experiences on a catamaran.
He has organized a wonderful journey in that paradise (Ko Khlum, Ko Wai, Ko Mak, Ko Kradat, Ko Rang and the best one Ko Kut). He is very professional and he cares to the various needs of the clients but first of all he sails very fluency.
We suggest to everybody to explore that paradise with Gulf Charters.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I did the Zero to Hero course this summer and whole heartedly recommend it to anybody who has an interest in sailing. It may not be one to commit to if you are not sure what to expect (we had a guy drop out of our course pretty early for a number of silly reasons), but if you want to learn how to handle a decent-sized boat (we were on a 46 ft vessel) in a range of conditions this is a great place to go. We had two instructors over the two weeks, both of whom looked after us well but ensured students came away properly qualified. The school has a good relationship with the owner of some apartments very local to the marina who was very helpful, and these are reasonably priced. Expect to be challenged even if you have done some sailing!

Visited August 2013
Dublin
“Zero to Hero learnt heaps”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I recently completed the zero to hero course and found the course well structured and a good mix of theory and practical. I have owned power boats and sailed a little but until I did the course I did not realise how little I knew. Not easy but very enjoyable.
Ed was our instructor with a wealth of knowledge plus lots of patience.
The night sail around the shipping in Pattaya was an eye opener.
Very pleased I did the course as I learnt so much. If you are thinking of getting into sailing it is a great place to start.

Visited September 2013
Mount Isa
“Koh Samui Charter August 2013.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Only have positive things to say regarding this 7 day charter around Koh Samui through Gulf Charters. Excellent sailing area with stunning scenery and good constant winds. Most of the anchorages are picture postcard stuff. Friendly and helpful locals with great food and bars available onshore if required. We had a great boat and dingy and all necessities supplied. This is my second charter with Gulf Charters and I will be back. No complaints.

Visited August 2013