“An okay place to kill your time in Pattaya”
Review of Mimosa Pattaya

Mimosa Pattaya
Ranked #9 of 28 things to do in Sattahip
Reviewed April 13, 2014

First , the decoration was okay but nothing interesting compared to the same kind of attractions in Hua Hin or Khao Yai area. I felt that the buildings don't look convincing that I was in Italian style town.

The entrance fee is 150 THB for Thais but when I went in there were just shops with clothes and something I could get in Bangkok. The restaurants look common.

There was a singing show when I visited but it wasn't entertaining.

At the end of the day, I felt that it was too plain and compared to what I paid I didn't feel that it's worth it.

I mean it's ok if you want to pay 150 THB to take a few shots of the place but I went to Santorini in Huahin and felt that it looked more developed and interesting....

2  Thank Kansala

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Who knew they could charge to enter a shopping complex. Foreigners 600 and Thais 150 but if you book a restaurant in advance then you can arrange for them to meet you at the entrance and get in for free.
It seems incredibly greedy of the owners and the poor tenants have been placed in an impossible situation with very long contracts for rent and no say in the entry fee rip off.
In saying that on the Sunday we visited it was very busy although thats mostly coach tours, and Thai's taking pictures of themselves in cute poses. Is this really worth paying a fee for so you can take a picture. Surely peoples lives are more interesting?
ANyway its a nice enough place and the food we had at Oktoberfest was good.

2  Thank Trojan_10
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If it would cost like only 150 or 50b, then it would be ok for someone who is really bored to visit this place, but we were charged 600b - my GF saw the 'European buildings' and thought it's a great place to visit, so we entered.

well, inside there were only same shops as on other cityn markets. nothing interesting. the 'show' was kinda ugly, the ladyboys are from your nightmares :D , only 2-3 of them were more or less ok. I personally don't like them at all. And these were really ugly.

Not worth the 600b but for 50 it's ok if you're an expat, and bored coz you saw all other places except this one :) . But not worth the time for tourists who visit pattaya for short time! definitely! Skip it.

3  Thank daniel315
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I would inform everyone to skip this place. No value at all. Just spend your money somewhere else.. believe me!!!

8  Thank VJ_tee
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This isn’t the worse place in the world as some have made it out to be. Mimosa has the tagline ‘City of Love’. Essentially it is a shopping arcade, with a slight European design with attractions for photo opportunities. It also boasts a ladyboy gala show.

The idea of paying entry doesn’t appeal and as an individual, from reading other reviews. I wouldn’t go and wasn’t planning to go. However I was invited by my young Thai friend who was going as she wanted to show her friends who were a young Thai couple.

Entry was 150bht, normally 50bht but because I’m told it was actually a Thai holiday.

Some locals were enthralled by the swans and ducks, some birds perhaps we Europeans take for granted. The shops arguably in majority sold the types of things that you could expect to find in the shopping malls in Pattaya that are sold to tourists, not really to Thais. However my young companion was excited about a small western Indian-dream charm that she had been searching for ages as a gift for her sister. As for the young couple well they seemed satisfied with taking photos.

Due to the Thai holiday attendance for the Cinderalla themed ladyboy show was packed and as can be expected the opportunity to have photos taken with them for 20bht was available.
There’s an opportunity to feed fish, feed birds, have photos taken with birds and reptiles. It can be a fun place but you will need to put the effort in.

2  Thank isnakebite