“EXCELLENT RESORT,GREAT LOCATION,SUPER FRIENDLY PLACE”

Narnia Resort Pattaya 2
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was pointed towards Nick's Resort by my friend who lives in Bang Saray village, having spent two months already in Thailand and Vietnam, i decided to stay one more month... This resort is as good as it gets in Thailand, super freindly staff, Nicks wife Nit lovely, nothing is too much trouble... Rooms are spacious,very clean, modern,great swimming pool.. the resort has a bar with good range of drinks at very affordable prices.... and friendly people at the bar... I stayed a full month here and it was the best part of my three month holiday, located just 3-4 mins from the main Sukhumvit highway you can access Bang Saray village centre for all your needs,bars,restuarants(English Food as well)...I will be returning to this excellent resort at the end of 2013... If you are looking or a relaxed friendly place to stay in Thailand this is the place.....

Room Tip: Book one of Nicks rental bikes ahead of your visit, great value.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Top man Clive, thank you very much. Let's do it again later in the year!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at Nick's for a month with my wife and our little girl. From day 1 we felt very welcome here. Fully agree with the other reviews. Staff are super-friendly and helpful. The place is cleaned every day. Location is great if you want to be close to the beaches. We didn't go to Pattaya much but it's just 20 baht if you take a white taxi. To the other side of Bang Saray (a small village that offers pretty much everything you need) is Sattahip, where you'll also find great beaches away from busy Pattaya. Oh, and Nick's pool is worth a mention too!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms, which was perfect, and later changed to affordable bungalow which had...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ajarnmartin
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Cheers Martin. Not only handsome but articulate as well!!!!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

First, some background. Bang saray is a suburb of Pattaya more than it is a suburb of Sattahip. The place isn't hard to get to. A Sattahip bus from Bangkok can drop you there or a songtheaw from Pattaya. The motorbike taxis on Sukhumvit now the place as nicks. I hardly saw car taxis or tuk tuks there.

Second, Nick (who reads and responds to all reviews) is a good guy. He cares about his business and wants to provide a good experience. The "resort" is a 5-room off-shoot of nick's apartments for retired british men (who were all very friendly to my girlfriend and I).

Once you arrive, expect cleanliness and smiles. They have a bar adjoining the front desk which is a popular hang out spot. They were out of motorbikes to rent while I was there. Get the number of a motorbike taxi or have the front desk call one for you.

The bathrooms were the nicest I've seen in Thailand. Though they have Thai quirks they're the best you can expect. They thoroughly serviced the rooms daily. There's a water boiler and lockable drawers with both key copies in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank John D
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thanks John for taking the time and trouble to leave your comments. I am sorry that there was not a motorbike for you to rent, we have five and they do seem to be out most of the time, (because we're cheap I guess!!) I can usually ring around and summon one within an hour, but I reckon it's about time I dug deep in to my well pillaged pockets and bought a couple of new ones.
Please don't think me defensive or pedantic as I correct a couple of your erroneous assumptions. Bang Saray is neither a suburb of Pattaya or Sattahip, (though it does have a Sattahip post code) it is now a town within its own right. The resort is not an offshoot of Nick's Apartments. I have five apartments, three bungalows and five standard rooms, all but two of the apartments are available for single night stays. There is not a single retired British man residing in the establishment.
Finally to pick up on your average assessment for both location and value. Unfortunately location is something I can do nothing about, yes we are 1.5 kilometers from Bang Saray town, to some that is its appeal. Value: Bang Saray is becoming a very fashionable and desirable area and people are coming from all over the Thai Eastern Seaboard to stay in and around the town. Our rooms start at 650 baht per night, 6,500 per month, which I think is far from excessive for a relatively new, passably modern resort with a large swimming pool. I guess other people consider it reasonable value for money, because we seem to be pretty much full most of the time. I'll get off my soapbox now!!!
Finally, I liked the comment about Nick being a good guy, just not sure how true that is either!!! If you are down this way again John please stop by, I'd be more than happy to see you and share a couple of beers with you. Cheers.....Nick

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nick's Resort, in the up and coming area of Bang Saray, is a real hidden gem.  Informal and peaceful, it is a great place to kick back and relax.  The Apartments and bungalows are spacious, spotlessly clean and great value for money.  I haven't stayed in the smaller rooms, but I hear they are also good.  The bar is a great meeting place with some real local characters and Nick the owner (although he can be more like Basil Fawlty than Basil Fawlty) is a good guy to have a drink with.  His long suffering wife Nit is also worthy of a mention. I stayed in December of 2012 and January 2013, and I'm looking to return at the earliest possible opportunity

Room Tip: The rooms that open on to the pool seem the most popular
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you Malc. You are always welcome, despite the Basil Fawlty comments. How can you compare me to him! He's so much taller than I am!!!.....Nick

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was our first trip to Thailand. We were nervous but Nicks apartments came highly recommended by a friend, so off we went. It was simply perfect, great, clean facilities and reasonably priced. Nothing was too much trouble for Nick and his adorable wife Nit. We had the peace and tranquillity when we chose and the ability to easily reach livelier areas when we wanted. Couldn’t recommend more highly – My wife and I are in our late 50’s and have seen a lot of the world – we have not been to a nicer place or had it hosted by nicer genuine people. We shall return!

Room Tip: Just te them what you are looking for - we found them very helpful and quick to respond.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Really appreciate your feedback Roy, glad you and Jackie enjoyed your stay with us. Pleased to hear you intend to return and look forward to taking some of your hard earned cash at the poker table once again!!!....Nick

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just outside of Bang Saray so peaceful and quiet.Have stayed there twice in the last year once in an apartment with seperate lounge and kitchen and then in a very spacious apartment.The former has full cooking facilities but they both boast comfortable seating areas,fridges,large TVs full air conditioning and walk in shower rooms.
Well kept gardens lead to a good sized swimming pool,regularly cleaned with a good sized sun bathing area.Some of the rooms open onto the pool.Marvelous.I have also availed myself of Nicks car and motorbike hire the latter for exploring those country lanes.
I found Nick and his wife Nit to be two really nice people who were happy to help in any way.Struck me one of these two was always present to assist in any way possible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Nickthailand, Owner at Narnia Resort Pattaya 2, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hey Steve. You had me blushing with all those nice things you said! Thanks very much I'm really pleased you have enjoyed yourself, I certainly enjoyed your company, and look forward to doing it again next year....Nick

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We live in Bangkok and stayed at Nick's resort over Christmas and thought it was very nice. There's a lovely pool and the rooms are large, well equipped and clean. Comfy bed and great airconditioning! The location is very isolated which means it is nice and quiet and unspoiled, but you do need transportation unless you want to just hang by the pool the whole day. Nick is very helpful and a nice guy. If there's anything that wasn't perfect, it was that at times the drains were a bit smelly, but nothing too bad. We'd stay here again and are happy to recommend Nick's resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room which had two double beds. This room had one separate bedroom. The other...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Linda. I do apologize for the drains, they have been giving problems, pretty sure they are sorted now. If you are down this way again, it would be nice to see you....Nick