Mairood Resort
Pailin Resort(Trat)(Great Value!)
$20
$17
Agoda.com
All reviewsfishing villagecambodian borderan oasiscrabgreat cookon stiltsthe ownerspecial placewithin walking distancecatch of the daypot bellied pigthe cottagesreal reasonpet piganimals livingexotic birdsnearest beach
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Firstly I would like to express all of the negatives of Mairood as too many people say only good things. Ummmm, hmmmmm,,,wait a minute, there must be something...sorry nope, oh dear, I can't think of one! Dearest Chin, Judy and all of the amazing staff who make Mairood so MAGICAL! I have entitled this review to stand out from the crowd and give you a laugh.. :) I do hope tripadvisor allows a sense of humour and posts it!....I know YOU have a wonderful sense of humour Chin, and I hope to have given you a small heart flutter to for once see something potentially negative...haha... followed by a BIG Chin smile!! But I must disappoint, only yet another 'boring rave review here'...plus I feel I must apologise because I know you are getting so busy because everyone loves Mairood so much, but you only have yourselves to blame! All of the wonderful reviews are so true, have you ever seen a place with so many amazing reviews? We recently spent 7 fabulous weeks enjoying many amazing places in Sth East Asia, met so many beautiful people, but Mairood was THE stand out, by far! Even before I arrived I felt like I was going to see old friends, and we certainly left feeling like we had made some. Yes, Chin's food is AMAZING, yes the gardens are immaculately tended and BEAUTIFUL, you could wander and admire a new flower, plant, orchid endlessly and always find something new to enjoy, yes the local village is friendly relaxed and offers some super tasty options for lunch (farang free, well except for us!), yes the surrounding area is beautiful and totally worth exploring, yes there is something very magical/special here - it just is. If one day, possibly soon, due to huge popularity you need to reduce your guests to exclusive favourite customers only please consider us!.. we want to come back!! Thank you for the 'honeymoon suite' we felt very special, it is so comfortable and full of your special artistic touches. Judy you are a such GEM and I really hope you'll still be there when when we return, but I know you have your gypsy instincts! Chin your sense of humour is gold, you are a such a wonderful, generous, talented man - I could enjoy your superb meals every day for the rest of my life! What an amazing experience, we can't thank you all enough. Much love and misses, see you again, I hope in the not too distant future, we will try and get you tipsy with a margarita again... Libby & Steve from Oz.

Room Tip: Take whatever you can get - they all looked cosy and comfortable, Mairood is GREAT value!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happyholidaysOz
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a rare find, once you donyou wil be glad you did. Great service and the cooking is wonderful. You feel like one of the family as you are waited on. Do yourself a favour and stay here.

Very close to the border it makes for a good stay when in transit nor just for shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is one of those places that's so great you almost don't want to write a review, lest the secret get out. The facilities are great, the vibe even better, and it's a really good value. Really mellow and friendly, and since it's a bit offbeat, it seems to attract the awesomest travelers. I only stayed two nights, one night each way en route from Bangkok to Cambodia, then back--but it's def the kind of place you could curl up in a kill a week or two or more. The town itself has a real sweet atmosphere that grows on you. Can't say enough good things!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Wht is written by other guests is true. Relaxing place with the sharm of fishing village and a great manager. Do not be shy to ask what you want and you will get it. Food is excellent and individually prepeared. Fresh fish crabs and shrimps just from the sea. You are not right on the beach but what you will get after short walk or free kayak you will have all for yourself. I was even able to do crab fishing at night. Resort will arrange transportation from trat or cambodian border for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here our first ought in Thailand after crossing from Cambodia. It was the perfect start to Thailand.

We had one of the mangrove bungalows and it was perfect! The resort is secluded, quiet, tranquil and very relaxing. The staff and owners are an absolute delight taking care of their guests, making them feel at home and both welcome and comfortable.

The resort is really well laid out and planted so although rooms are close together and close to the pool, each and everyone has the sense of seclusion and there is privacy for all.

The food in the restaurant is wonderful and really really well priced.

The only own side was that we could only stay one night! I've never given anywhere as high a rating as here and it fully deserves it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends