Mairood Resort(Trat)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate beachtropical suitebeach sideallow dogsthai foodhoneymoon suiteroom typejet skinice beachwarm seanormal thai pricesbangkok airwaysconvenience storehotel vanoutdoor jacuzzithai wordskoh chang
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were wanting to explore the road down to Had Lek at the Cambodian border. An interesting drive. There are many resorts at some of the beach spots, but this is probably the best, and certainly offering western standards.

The rooms are set out in lush gardens. The suites are large and come with a separate lounge area, TV and DVD. All in this hotel was perfect for us to chill and relax for 2 nights, swim, have a walk along the beach, watch a movie or two, and get away from it all.

A few nigglies. The ladder to get out of the pool has such a high step, we were lucky we weren't older and could get out of the water. The bedroom didn't have black out curtains so one got the early morning sunlight coming through. There were some maintenance issues, but we understand that most rooms were to close after our stay in the rainy season for repairs, so I'm happy to give them a second chance on that score otherwise this would have been a "poor" rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julian C
CentaraChaanTalay, General Manager at Centara Chaan Talay Resort & Villas Trat, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2015

Dear value guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful experience with us, in particular on our hotel location, facilities and services, and we are still striving for perfection in all we do.

We have improved our pool ladder, black our curtain and other comments which we can serve you again for better.

We look forward to serve you even better in the forthcoming days.

With kind regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2013

-Beach view location
-We stay 2 nights but Staff seem not enough for weekend- check in take time about 1-2 hr and check out take time 3 hrs with 4 asking call with noted but seem no staff follow up; until we call again and seem no asking call before
-big room,clean and jacuzzi which my kid love them but old room and damage terrace
-nice beach and sea view
-No destination point nearby and breakfast will not variety
-good service as I feel but not enough staff to service check in and out
-should has more signage to guild and direction; when I drive back from rat cha ka roon- I can not see hotel; too short distance to see
Overall - good to take vacation for family with kids and hideaway from work; hope improvement service and will be back in future

Stayed: May 2013
CentaraChaanTalay, General Manager at Centara Chaan Talay Resort & Villas Trat, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Yiang T

On behalf of resort staff, I would like to thank you for kindly spend your value holiday with us and regret to know about some services was lack especially front reception and house keeping team on regarding to your check in and check out as mentioned.

I checked and found that we had group check out and some leisure guest who want to check out in the same time on weekend. I had meeting with concerned team to prepare more on weekend for faster procedure and pre check-out to the group not to let another leisure guests wait too long.

Attraction point nearby the resort is Kao Larn location of Red Cross Campus and Rachakarun Beach is highlight on October for millions of colorful jelly fish, Thai-Cambodia border market and Klong Yai fisherman village for cheap and fresh seafood.

Terrace on beach front villa has been renovated since early on June.

Buffet Breakfast, I reviewed all menus to rotate everyday and added more on Thai favorite dish and healthy menu which will be more variety for both adult and kid.

Direction signage, after June we will have 8 signage on every 10-15 km. to give clearly direction. For guests who use GPS can set map by detail in our website or visit www.centarahotelsresorts.com/cct/contact.asp

All your comments have been solved and looking forward to welcome you and your family soon

Best regards

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Centara After a short visit to Cambodia with partner. Was a relaxing stay, as it was a weekday, we were treated like VIPs. Good food, fantastic service, long sandy beach... What else can we ask for? Will return definitely.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DY1975
CentaraChaanTalay, General Manager at Centara Chaan Talay Resort & Villas Trat, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear value guest

On behalf of resort team, glad to hear your feedback of happiness while enjoy staying with us. Probably a good green season which we still keep clear sandy beach and fresh atmosphere same like previous high season. A reason of recommendation by guest is delicious local food that keep fresh and spicy taste while enjoy our water sport or border market is an idea for holiday like what you experienced.

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

With warm regards

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would like share my experience stay at Centara Chaan Talay as follow;

- We arrived at your hotel around 15.00 , After received welcome drink and cold towel. We get 02 rooms ( 209,211) from 03 rooms (212) , while he give explanation to me that the 3th room is not ready due to housekeeping is not finish cleaning.

- I have wait at the lobby around 02 hours while Khun Charn is very busy with lots of guest (mostly Thai) complain about room is not finish cleaning. Seems there are many guests are waiting to get the room. Finally, I get the room on 17.00 ! which I already lost a time to relax before go to the beach on the evening. Seems room is delay 03 hours after time f official check in.

- The room that I get (212) is OK, but no hand towel in room , the housekeeping said to me that they are not deliver on time, this is not meet up to 04 star resort service.

- I book one room with Extra bed for my relatives , but there is no extra bed come to my room due to this is 2nd floor, the housekeeping can not move the bed to upstairs, I get explanation from the bellboy the sofa in the living room will be turned up to extra bed at night, but no blanket and pillow provide. So, I complain with K Charn and finally, he compensate with 50% discount for ABF ( I book 02 room with out ABF, but 01 Room with ABF ). So, this is another point that you miss in my stay.

- There are lack of goft cart service, one golf cart for service full house 51 room is not enough. On the day time which is hot , nobody want to walk and need to check out, we have to wait golf cart for along time and finally sometime, we decide to walk.

- The breakfast at resort is not valued compare to full price THB 600.-Nett/Person/Meal, not much variety of food, compare with other 04 stars resort, there will have more selection of food, for example, THB 600 ABF should come with bacon, but my breakfast have only sausage and ham , which is not valued to the money that we pay ( THB 300.-nett/Per Pax)

- The outdoor shower room is dirty, a lot of dirty soap stain, and I found the insect in the stone tiles outside the shower room.

The rest from those problems is OK and we are acceptable for stay, free wifi is a plus and service was acceptable.

However, for those kind of problem that I been met during my stay at Centara Chaan Talay Resort, I am waiting for your improvements on above issues that I have met during my stay before I offer your property to my client. This is a really good beach resort with a lot of potential issues. However, your improvement will be considered to offer to my client in the future.

I would like to thank you Khun Charn who are a good problem solving people for FOM, as well as your staff. And also, sorry to write to share my comments, but I hope this will be a good issue to discuss and improve in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nattawut K
CentaraChaanTalay, General Manager at Centara Chaan Talay Resort & Villas Trat, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Khun Natthawut
Greeting from Centara Chaan Talay Resort and Villas - Trat

On behalf of resort team, I would like to thank you very much for your value comments and appreciated for spent your value holiday with us while inspected our resort at the same time.
And glad to hear our overall services are up to your standard except few more areas need to be improve.

Here below is some commitments for improvement;
- House keeping service and internal communication; I will closely conduct for service standard and more training to the HK team.
- Breakfast; we added more variety of healthy food and homemade fresh bakery especially Thai food that we have many recommendation from guest both breakfast and A La Carte.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcome you again soon to see our improvement that you may comfortable to recommend us to your client in the near future.

With warm regards

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a fabulous location that most people don't know about. The beach is gorgeous, there's great swimming in the ocean plus a beautiful swimming pool, the loungers on the beach are huge and luxurious and the gardens are a beautiful tropical paradise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear value guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to serve you even better in the forthcoming days.

With kind regards,