We booked a last minute deal to Club Bentota for 9 nights all inclusive with Kuoni in September 2013.
The hotel is located in a great location one side being on the beach and the other side being on a river. It is a 3 and a half star hotel which clearly needs a bit of modernisation but for the cost of the holiday and the surrounding views we were more than impressed with the place.
It is well worth mentioning the Spas there are 2 - one is the coco spa and one is the local spa. I had treatments in both and they were great so much cheaper than in the UK but still very relaxing.
I was not at all impressed with Kuonis travel rep who clearly was more interested in making a buck and trying to sell his tours than to act as a professional travel rep looking after his customers.
I would however highly recommend Luba. (He works from the beach in a hut at the right hand side as you leave the hotel ) his email is: email@example.com.
Prior to travelling to Sri Lanka we had read all about him on Trip advisor and his recommendations by other Brits who he looks after on his tours.
The Kuoni travel rep tried to scare his clients into not booking with anyone else but himself.
It is well worth taking your time to decide where you want to go and then have a look at who you want to go with and ask other guests. All the guests who went with Luba also recommended him to us. We had already arranged with a family friend prior to landing in Sri Lanka to go on a 3 day trip. However on our return to the hotel we booked a 4 hour trip with Luba on the river and to see the turtle hatchery and the local temple. It was a lot cheaper than with kuoni and he was very attentive ensuring that he spotted all the wildlife and showing us what they were and he spoke excellent English. He had other people working for him who arranged tours with the other tourists and as such they spoke russian / german etc. He told us the whole price of the trip which included entry to the trutle hatchery and did not expect any extra money from us. He even arrived with a small gift to present to the ladies. If we had not already arranged a trip with a family friend we would most certainly have travelled with him. There were 4 tourists waiting to take a 3 day trip with him when we left the hotel and they were looking forward to it having paid a very reasonable price which included the hotel they would be staying at. He does not look for tips just recommendations so he can keep his company going and the hotel allow him to meet his guests at their reception. His email is provided above for anyone who wishes to contact him before you arrive in Sri Lanka. Enjoy your Hols. Anne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of the beaches of Sri Lanka during your stay at Club Bentota. A hassle free vacation for you and a fun-packed adventure for the kids: we provide exciting water sports, an extensive Ayurvedic spa and so much more on a secluded, breathtaking beach front. Built on a peninsula referred to as Paradise Island, Club Bentota is located on the South West coast of Sri Lanka and is flanked by the Indian Ocean and the Bentota River. Have fun under the sun with jet skiing, wind surfing, beach volleyball, croquet, river boat cruises and much more. Unwind by taking a dip in the pool or Ocean, play a game of cards with friendly guests from around the world, or read a book in our hotel book shop. Choose from our all-inclusive or full-board packages and book a vacation to Club Bentota, where the sun and sand await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bentota Hotel Aluthgama
- Bentota Hotel Aluthgama
- Club Bentota Sri Lanka/Aluthgama