We stayed in a deluxe room for three nights all inclusive at the start of our honeymoon. Due to the quality of the roads and the time of day, the journey took us three hours and was pretty hairy at times so we were thankful to reach the hotel. We received a warm greeting from the staff at reception and a fruit basket for our honeymoon.
The room was somewhat disappointing. The decor was pretty old and worn out. The air conditioning was very loud and made sleeping difficult. Nonetheless the room was a good size as was the bathroom. The shower was also good. There was some work going on in the hotel grounds although we did not find this particularly loud or disturbing.
The service at the hotel, particularly the bar was pretty slow although the staff were pleasant enough. The food was good although it did not compare to other hotels we stayed in during our stay in Sri Lanka. However, on one night during our stay the chefs cooked seafood to order. You could go to the seafood bar, select the fish, lobster, crayfish etc you wanted and have it cooked in front of your very eyes. A nice touch.
We found that there were plenty of sunbeds throughout the day whether you wanted to laze by the sea, swimming pool or lagoon. In fact, the place did not feel at all crowded and so people did not fall into the frustrating habit of putting there towels on sunbeds by 7am to get a god spot.
During our stay we booked a river boat cruise and a visit to the turtle hatchery. I would recommend both if you are interested in seeing the local wildlife. It was relatively cheap and too just 20 minutes by car. We got to see water monitors, a variety of birds, monkeys and the turtles. We even got to hold the latter two. The river boat also stopped at a place called cinnamon island where the locals showed us how cinnamon in its various forms are derived. Worth the short trip in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of the beaches of Sri Lanka during your stay at Club Bentota. A hassle free vacation for you and a fun-packed adventure for the kids: we provide exciting water sports, an extensive Ayurvedic spa and so much more on a secluded, breathtaking beach front. Built on a peninsula referred to as Paradise Island, Club Bentota is located on the South West coast of Sri Lanka and is flanked by the Indian Ocean and the Bentota River. Have fun under the sun with jet skiing, wind surfing, beach volleyball, croquet, river boat cruises and much more. Unwind by taking a dip in the pool or Ocean, play a game of cards with friendly guests from around the world, or read a book in our hotel book shop. Choose from our all-inclusive or full-board packages and book a vacation to Club Bentota, where the sun and sand await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Club Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Bentota Hotel Aluthgama
- Bentota Hotel Aluthgama
- Club Bentota Sri Lanka/Aluthgama