All reviews plunge pool sustainable tourism eco friendly wildlife conservation these guys solar panels land cruiser wilderness experience comfortable beds safari drives two nights authentic sri lankan food sloth bear air conditioned tents world class surrounded by nature leopard sightings
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020

I had heard so much about Yala National Park from my Brother that has been in previous years and was definately top of my list while I was in Sri Lanka, but could not work out what the best way forward would be.

I stumbled across Ceylon Wild Safaris and I couldn't have been more greatful for it.

The Lodge is super comfortable and Luxury. The rooms have an air-conditioner and a plunge pool as well. The food is so tasty and freshly made.

Arran the Manager was a great host. So friendly and welcoming and really made us feel at home.

We were fortunate enough to be able to go on Safari with him and he is an incredible guide too. So knowledgeable and passionate about Sri Lanka and the conservation of its protected areas. We saw quite alot too. Highlights been a Sloth Bear!

I would always recommend Ceylon Wild Safaris to anyone going to Sri Lanka. You definitely won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020

We had the pleasure of staying at Ceylon Wild Safaris for one night in December and it truly was an unforgettable experience. The campsite was well resourced and very comfortable despite being situated in the middle of no where. We did two drives, one in the afternoon and one early morning and were lucky enough to see leopards on both! The camp guides and staff went over and above to make sure that we were well taken care of. We left feeling like family. Highly recommend a stay for everyone of all ages!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2019

Just returned from another amazing two nights at Ceylon Wild Safaris deluxe campsite in Yala. We were a group of 4 extremely keen wildlifers and have all had the pleasure of visiting the top safari sites in Africa and India and we were amazed of the standards and calibre of the guides (Arran, Indika & Arshad) world class and their knowledge and patience beats anything we have experienced in some top African resort camps. The Food was out of this world and the game drives were unbelievable - Had three separate Leopard sightings and the cream on the cake was on our last afternoon drive when we spent a good half hour on our own with a young leopard mother and her three cubs playing.

We just cant thank these guys enough for what was an unbeliebvable experince. A BIG THANK YOU to Ceylon Wildlife Safaris and all the crew. We have already made plans for a return visit in 2020.

Just can't wait to get back ...One gaian Thank yiou to all at CWS.

Reviewed December 10, 2019 via mobile

Ceylon wild safaris strikes the perfect balance between luxury and jungle camping experience, but what's best about the place is how committed CWS is to wildlife conservation and sustainable tourism. The operation is quite impressive, the campsite is fully solar powered and uses minimal land space, which is the responsible kind of glamping experience you should go for. It's also really cool how friendly and professional the owners are. They have years of experience and their passion for wildlife will definitely rub off on you. Two of the owners, Arran and Arshad, hung out with us and the other guests during our stay, sharing their interesting stories and ranging experiences. Arshad took us out on safaris, and taught us quite a bit about the behaviours of different species of animals. We also had some fantastic sightings.

We visited for my wife's birthday and they set up a really nice jungle alfresco dinner for us under the stars, complete with the CWS team bringing in cake while singing happy birthday. I find this level of personal touch quite rare to find!

The food is fantastic, the tents are clean, and I have nothing to complain about the place. My wife and I will be back again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2019

Ceylon wild safaris is an absolutely amazing place, a stunning location couples with beautiful tents and the best team.

I visited in February with my then girlfriend who I proposed to while at Ceylon Wild Safaris. The team went out of their way to make the engagement that much special.

A must visit for anyone who come to Sri Lanka!

Date of stay: February 2019