Tripadvisor
Weligama
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews new friends international crowd group activities sunset yoga green waves awesome place sri lanka movie night a great place to meet drinking games i stayed in a private room solo traveller tuk tuk evening activities rooftop bar amazing vibe yoga lessons
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited many surf camps around the world in Morocco, Portugal, Indonesia, Sri Lanka and The Surfer is by far the best surf camp I have ever been to. It all starts at the top with the owner Lahiru (and his brother Milan) making everyone feel at home and will help you with anything you need.

The surf instruction is top notch. Shout out to Charles, Ryan, Eddy, Max and Alec (as well as Hannah the yoga instructor). They were amazing and my surf skills improved drastically. If you are a beginner or an intermediate to pro surfer they take care of you and ensure you are riding the best waves possible.

The rooms are super clean with hot showers, the food and bar are amazing, but the number one thing that makes this place stand out is how much it feels like a community and family with everyone in the camp. They plan fun activities like trivia nights, surf instruction, bonfires, nights out for dinner they just take such great care of you.

Thank you for such a great time. I will definitely be coming back.

Jeff

(from Canada - Same Same but Different)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hi! We have staed in The Surfer 8 days. It was 100% amazing: surf instructors, delicious cuisine, warm atmosphere, smiling staff.
Best memories from the Camp. Higly recomended.
Only one issue is weak WiFi, but it is common problem for Sri Lanka.

Trip type: Traveled with family

I really recommend the Surfer,
I stayed almost three weeks last winter (2018-2019) and returned for another three weeks this year. Lahiru (the owner) is super friendly and always listen to his customer, even if they are precious princesses. The staff will go out of their way to help you out and make sure you have a great stay. My first visit was great and Lahiru still found ways to improve his camp... got more surf board choices, did esthetic changes, addition of synthetic grass and much more little things that make the difference. One thing for sure, you can tell he cares about your opinion and wants everyone to enjoy their time at the surfer.

I am already looking forward to my next visit... hopefully sooner than expected.

You do not get bored at this surf camp for sure ;)

see you soon

Pat

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Surfer Camp in Weligama is a great place to stay. I definitely recommand this place if you want to have an amazing time!! I didn’t had any experience with surfing, but now I feel quite confident to surf and the lessons are really adapting to your level. Besides the surfing and yoga lessons there is a chill common place for chilling and meet other people. Also the swimming pool is great after surfing and for refreshing. Every night they organise events like: (drinking) games, surfing theory, photo review or something else. It’s a great place to meet other travellers! The food is amazing too: Sri Lankan and Western food. Specially the special dinners with a big buffet were the best! I booked for 1 week, but extended my stay.
Thanks for the best time in Sri Lanka!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 100willemijnk
Reviewed January 5, 2020

We booked the surf&yoga package for 7 days, but it was so good that we decided to extend for 3 more nights and if we were not at a budget we would have stayed forever! We stayed a bit longer in Weligama and often came back for hanging out or the night activities and so did many other guests because we all liked it so much. Really kind staff, delicious affordable food, good instructors, nice atmosphere and fun night activities. The surf lessons are well organised and of good quality especially for beginners/intermediate. The double room at TS2 was clean, big enough and got a fan. They pay back all the tuktuk shuttle costs which was perfect for us. I would always come back and highly recommend it!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple