“very friendly guest home and raja is a really good cook :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Raja's Guest Home
Ranked #5 of 89 Weligama B&B and Inns
Innsbruck, Austria
“very friendly guest home and raja is a really good cook :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

we stayed 6 nights at raja's guest home at the end of our holiday in sri lanka. we enjoyed the days there very much, the rooms are nice and clean. the beach which is perfect to learn surfing is near and the location is in a very calm area. raja is a very friendly host who is willing to help his guests organizing and planning trips. also the whole "team" at the guesthouse is very cheerful and friendly and we met a lot of nice people at the guest home. we felt very welcome at raja's who is moreover an excellent cook!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I can basically just repeat what the other reviews already make obvious. Rajas place is a very welcoming, clean and nice home and he himself is probably the highlight of it. After one night I already felt like a good friend, that's how friendly he is. He will make you feel free and happy and enjoy your holidays. His cooking is great and he has VERY good advice on Sri Lanka. Try to come here early on your trip so he can help you plan the rest of it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Thanks Raja for your honest service and hard work to make our stay one to remember, we made good friends for life, has some fun nights on the old arrack and ate some simply lush food, devilled prawns are are must! Big love Mark and Sappho - (English)

• Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Found this guesthouse by happenstance and it was impossible to leave. Raja was like a father! He truly cares for his guests and does everything he can to make their stay enjoyable. Had many memorable nights drinking Arrack with raja and other travelers. The rooms were clean and decent sized but you'll be spending most of your time on the beach or patio anyway. We stayed 5 days, traveled the rest of Sri Lanka following Raja's recommendation and then came back for another 5 days! Don't forget to order some food, its amazing. Best of luck Raja!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Raja's place is the hidden gem on the pearl of the Indian ocean. When my friend and I came to Weligama, we were planning to stay one, maybe two nights. We ended up staying for six, and then came back for four more at the end of our trip.
As far as the place goes, the rooms are decent, not perhaps Hilton standards of cleanliness, and the location is great, just a short walk to some excellent surfing.
But what truly sets the place apart is Raja. He is a one of a kind man who will make your stay in Weligama extremely memorable. From giving us surfing recommendations, to sharing arrack in the evening, to giving us a tuk-tuk ride to the train station, Raja is an amazing man.
It truly is a guest home, not a guest house.

Jaya Sri!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am still traveling and right now I am in Bali...anyway I still remember your place and miss it.
It was really a pleasure to stay at your lovely guesthouse and spent such a good time with you, your family and guests...Raja's guest home is really the best place where I stayed during my whole trip in Sri Lanka. It is clean, cheap and the surf spot is just a short walk away. To Mirissa it is also very close by..
I have to thank you again for everything. You helped me to plan my trip through Sri Lanka and gave me very good tips where to stay etc..
I had such a good time at your home that I dame twice...after I finished my trip in the mountains I really wanted to see you again and meet some great people at your guest house.
Also I have to mention your excellent cooking skills. My favorite dish is still the creamy coconut prawns... :))
If I am not running out of money I will come back in Mai for another bottle of Arrack :D
Thanks again Raja!!!
Hope you re fine and having a wonderful time with your family and guests.
Best regards,
Nicole (from Germany)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We would probably have just passed by this place, but fortunately we met Raja, the owner, and after one minute chat we knew that it would be a house to stay for the rest of our holiday in Sri Lanka. Raja is an open-minded, friendly and honest man and together with his staff he makes this place not a guesthouse, but home you don't want to leave. We have learnt so much about lankan life, tradition and cuisine - thanks to Raja we experienced taste of Sri Lanka we would never discover. He was so flexible and enthusiastic even if we ask him to cook us things not included in printed menu, which we found in the food market (like banana flowers or dambala). The atmosphere of this place attracts many interesting people we had pleasure to met and in the evening it was always a good moment for a chat and a glass of old arrack with Raja and other guests.
Weligama itself is not a typical touristic destination - but that's the point, you can meet real people there and for example watch fishermen at their daily work. And still it is one of the best places to surf for beginners.
Anyway, we recommend this place to all budget travellers who seek for a family-like atmosphere to relax and learn Sri Lanka in an extraordinary way. Hope we will be back there soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple