“Wonderfully unique experience, would thoroughly recommend.”

Weligama Bay Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer PADI Scuba Diving courses from Open Water Diver to Dive master. Or try Discover Scuba Diving if you never dived before. Certified trainers of SCUBA & PADI Diving based in Weligama from October to April and in Trincomalee from May to October , Sri Lanka. In Weligama we Near Bay Beach Weligama.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Brilliant diving experience, even for first-timers like ourselves. Thaminda and the team were top notch, with a lot of patience, knowledge and experience to give! With customer satisfaction at the very heart of the experience, the SCUBA Diving Weligama team ensured we got the most of our experience, taking the initiative to break up our diving session into training on one day, and the main dive on the second day. This ensured that we were well rested and able to transfer our skills effortlessly between our training, and 12m dive.

1  Thank Tje84

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Thanks to Thaminda, Natasha, Hip and everybody else at Weligama Diving Centre for giving us a wonderful experience when we visited Weligama this X-mas! Some of us enjoyed a first-ever "Discovery Dive" and we all enjoyed an accompanied and guided 2 hours snorkeling tour by boat. All the time we felt very special and absolutely safe and confident with the skilled and very friendly staff and dive masters who really know what they are doing and how to treat both youngsters and nervous beginners. Thanks guys, you're absolutely the best!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had the great pleasure of diving with Weligama dive centre and we highly recommend it to everyone.
I am not a very experience diver and I don't like diving in big groups so Thaminda took me and my husband out alone which was exactly what I wanted. This kind of service mindedness is very rare and it's what made our experience so great! But it didn't start there, when we arrived I had a bit of a tummy problem and wasn't even sure I'd be able to go diving but then I was offered an ayurvedic drink consisting of lime juice and ginger which immediately calmed my stomach.
During the dive Thaminda proved to be an excellent instructor and we felt very relaxed and were able to thoroughly enjoy ourselves!
We've had quite bad experiences before with other dive centres where you feel it's more about making money than providing a great service and experience so this really was a treat!
Serving tea and biscuits after the dive was a particularly nice touch.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I went diving here as I was staying in Mirissa. The dive centre is friendly and relaxed. The visibility wasn't perfect as there had been a storm a couple o days before hand but it was better than in Unawatuma. The reefs had lots of fish life and were a fun diving spot. The staff were really friendly and relaxed. I will definitely dive here when I'm next in Sri Lanka.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of training to get my divemaster qualification in Weligama with Thaminda. Coming from advanced open water level, Thaminda guided me through the rescue diver and dive master training and it was an extremely enjoyable experience and excellent training and I now feel confident as a PADI professional. The dive sights were all big rock reefs, with plenty of small tropical fish guaranteed, some soft coral that has started to re-grow after the tsunami and sometimes turtles, octopus, lobster and big exciting fish too :) The big rocks are great for exploring, you can venture into small caved areas and go through natural rock formations. Thaminda is an excellent instructor/guide and will ensure that you have an enjoyable dive and will look after you extremely well. He never takes out groups larger than 6, which ensures that everyone has a safe and relaxed dive and he always provides extras to his customers- fruit, tea, snacks and sometimes an evening meal of seafood. If you would like more than just a great diving experience, but great customer service as well, Weligama bay dive center is the place to go!!

1  Thank nzervudachi