All reviews ski slopes kids suite early check slope view prince hotel booked a family room family vacation f b buffet breakfast olympic games bus service peak season the bus speak english non stop trout room was spacious
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2019

Alpensia is known as a resort for skiing and snowboarding, but it is a good place for refreshing yourself. There are many restaurants, convenient stores, and cafes. And you can take a walk around a small lake or go into the small island in the lake.
There is a very luxurious cafe in the Intercontinental hotel, and it is a perfect place to read books or take a chat with friends. And it is an open place for everyone.
The room at the Holiday Inn is good. Clean and big enough for taking rest.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Saemina K, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Alpensia Pyeongchang, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Dear , ReumnanLee

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn ALPENSIA PYEONGCHANG.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +82 33 339 1247 or saemina.ko@ihg.com.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the holiday inn resort alpensia for 3 nights. I had taken a package which includes buffet breakfast. Hotel Location is great , staff are courteous and hotel rooms are spacious and clean.

The main disappointment was that without any advance notification they entirely shut their restaurant including breakfast buffet and room service for a month. Hence for breakfast in the morning or any meals , we were informed to visit the intercontinental hotel, which is a 10-15 mins walk. This is not expected of a 4 star IHG hotel chain. Next time would stay at the intercontinental instead, which appeared to have much better customer service.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear , dmenezes81

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn ALPENSIA PYEONGCHANG.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at +82 33 339 1247 or saemina.ko@ihg.com.

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

Great location on the mountain of Alpensia. Our room had an amazing view of the ski mountain where we watched the skiers at all time of the day.

Hotel has a free shuttle to Yongpyeong (the more difficult mountain) and Jinbu train station. Only downside is the shuttle isn’t as often as we would like, but nice for free. We would catch the 11am one to Yongpyeong, have lunch there then ski half day 1-4:30, and catch the 5pm shuttle back.

Staff were very friendly and nice, even coming up to deliver information about skiing in Alpensia (30% discount for Alpensia with hotel slip but none for Yongpyeong).

Only downfall was no sauna or pool on site, which is lovely at the end of a ski day.

Overall, happy with Holiday Inn and the room.

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear , JacquelinRoss

Reviewed February 6, 2019

Holiday inn at Alpensia is a relatively new resort for skiing in winter and summer sports. It is at the foot of the mountain and easy walking access tot he ski rental and lifts. Car parking is underneath and there are a number of local private restaurants and fast foods outlets and convenience stores enarby.
My bad experience started with using booking.com, I thought I had booked a double bedroom and one ondol bedroom, when we checked in it was just one ondol (sleep on the foor) room. The floor sleeping was the source of non stop whining from the kids. We paid over three times the normal rate for the peak season and the room was not great. The walls were marked and the bathroom had mould on the shower head and blistering wood on the bathroom doors. I sent photos directly to the management for their feedback.
There was a kitchenette with two hot plates and a exhaust fan, sink and fridge too.
For the normal rate you may accept the wear and tear but at peak rates there was not a lot of value.

Room tip: choose off peak periods
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 777suttons

Dear , 777suttons

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I love the hotel so much. Choices to choose my pillows - soft/firm. The room is so comfortable and feels at home.
It's just beside the ski resort and an indoor thermal water park....just awesome. Kids will love them.
There's plenty of food for breakfast. Ample choices. No regrets choosing this hotel for my family.

Date of stay: December 2018