All reviews holiday inn winter olympics breakfast buffet beautiful snow flavours restaurant korean beef beautiful hotel ski jump convenience store hotel is clean the bus rooms are large restaurants and shops sitting area noodles domino's pizza cold weather
Selected filters
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

A rather standart 5 star hotel, but some notions: urine smell in the balcony (2.floor) The shower cubicle door lets some water escape and the cubicle is small. And A whwt I now (in Asia) would call a DIY-toilet i.e. no bidet (at least in the 2. floor) Dirty looking wall to wall carpet or maybe just a "sensible choice" of colour. Some peeling wallpaper gives the impression of hastily build or maybe not so carefully up kept building. At the breakfast the Americano of the coffee machine was both a bit stale tasting and weak: you could see the bottom of the cup through it.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2019

I am a loyal intercontinental Hotels fan and guest, In my previous reviews I have only high praises for them, but I am sorry to say this time I had a very bad experience in this hotel..
The hotel is half closed! The sauna spa is closed, The restaurant do not offer buffet breakfasts.The staffs are unfriendly, and they are nowhere to be found, Those show up are disinterested in serving guests. in fact this hotel has less than 5 people working. Those in the front desk are indifference and rude. When I ask if they offer welcomed drinks, he said " you are being downgraded from Gold to Ordinary member, so you are not entitled for welcome drinks", which I think is so rude.
There are not many guests staying, And for those who are staying we received no service at all.
They might as well close the place down !
I will never stay in this hotel again !

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bill L, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Masterman2,

Thank you for feedback about your experience at InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Reviewed March 20, 2019

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our ski trip to Korea and Japan. The accommodations were stellar and so convenient to the ski resorts. The staff were very friendly, We ate several times at the hotel restaurants and was pleased with the variety and high quality of food. The ski resorts were not that impressive and very small with not a lot of vertical but this hotel was outstanding. It was not inexpensive but well worth the price and it helped make our ski trip very memorable.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Craigc226,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Pyeongchang Alpensia Resort and share your experience with us!

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your time and kind consideration. I look forward to welcome you back for another amazing stay!

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference, the hotel was very luxurious the rooms were beautiful and breakfast was great. The surrounding of the hotel there is nothing much unless you are there to ski, no evening entertainment, no shopping.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Ashira R,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort and share your experience with us!

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

Its in the alpensia ski resort. 5 min walk.
Its kinda old but well maintained.
Breakfast was nice and abundant. Hotel is clean and adequate.
Unexpectedly the hotel doesnt have lunch buffet when i visit. But there re quite a lot of restaurant in resort. So its fine
A perfect gateaway from hectic city life.

Date of stay: February 2019