We stayed a weekend for skiing. Good location 5 min walk from the lift. However the hotel operations is not what you'd expect. Some examples of what we experienced:
1) no bathrobes in the suite
2) the club lounge was closed - they couldn't tell us why this was the case
3) we were asked to rush our breakfast in a very rude manner despite arriving before closing time
4) we asked for a change to another suite because the first one was smelling terribly
5) they lost out luggage at check out and took 20 min to find it
6) they have only 1 restaurant "one size fits all" uninspiring food
Generally there is no atmosphere and the staff appears uninterested in going the extra mile. Will come back but only for the skiing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Pyeongchang Resort Alpensia is located in Pyeongchang County, Gangwon province which is the third largest county in South Korea. It s about 2 hours drive away from Korea s capital Seoul and well connected through public transport. The hotel is part of Alpensia, Korea s premier all-year resort, a purpose built, alpine-style village in the Taebaek Mountain region, only 20 minutes drive away from the east coast of Korea is set in the midst of beautiful, unspoiled nature. World-class facilities for all-year leisure, meetings and incentives make Alpensia the perfect choice for a relaxing weekend away as well as for workshops, team-building activities and product presentations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Hotel Pyeongchang-Gun
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort South Korea/Pyeongchang-Gun